Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brand NEW GA-EP45-UD3R on-board LEDs flashing & No POST Beeps or Booting, Wah !!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brand NEW GA-EP45-UD3R on-board LEDs flashing & No POST Beeps or Booting, Wah !!!

Hello,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    <o:p></o:p>

Here is what I have: <o:p></o:p>
    GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R LGA 775 Intel P45 ATX Intel Motherboard <o:p></o:p>
    Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail New 2.0v Ballistix <o:p></o:p>
    COOLMAX CU-700B 700W ATX 12V V2.2/EPS 12V V2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Modular Power Supply - BRAND NEW<o:p></o:p>
    Intel Processor -- Dual Core 2 Duo Processor E7300, 2.66 GHz, Socket 775, 1066MHz Frontside Bus with factory cooling fan<o:p></o:p>
    WD SATA 200GB -- SATA cable connected to 1<SUP>st</SUP> of the 6 SATA connectors onboard (yellow SATA). <o:p></o:p>

D-link Wireless Adapter card occupying one PCI slot.<o:p></o:p>
    Problem: <o:p></o:p>
    I installed everything, double checking all connections, polarities, logical & obvious mistakes thoroughly re-checked and booted the PC and it booted up successfully. The initial screen showed the obvious information and along with correctly identified BIOS and amount of memory ( F3 and 2.0 gB).<o:p></o:p>

The case cover is still open and I can see the Phase LEDs ( 6 of them) on motherboard flashing. If anyone has not seen this feature on the GA-EP45-UD3R, it is pretty cool looking. Anyway, these LEDs were not blinking before. It was solid when I FIRST booted into the BIOS screen. <o:p></o:p>

Has anyone seen the 6 Phase LEDs on this particular BOARD go blinking like I described? The CPU fan whirls (830 RPM at avg.), case fan works, Coolmax CPU fan works. <o:p></o:p>
    Can someone please shed some lights (no pun intended) on the blinking PHASE LEDs and the board not booting up to the BIOS????<o:p></o:p>

Also in case I get it to boot up, I would be much appreciated for optimum recommended settings... Thank you again... <o:p></o:p>

Re: Brand NEW GA-EP45-UD3R on-board LEDs flashing &amp; No POST Beeps or Booting, Wah !!!

Dual Channel you mean, this would be using slots 1+3 or 2+4, that would be how you should install your ram

What you need to do is Clear your CMOS and flash again. Do this with only one stick of ram in and then load and apply optimized defaults ONLY and save/reboot back to the BIOS and then set your other settings. Here in post #2 is how to clear your CMOS.

You could also simply try starting your PC now with only 1 stick of ram, and if it works do the above suggested and then reboot and put in your other stick after setting your Ram voltage

Let me know if you get into the BIOS finally or not and I will help you some more

Comment

Re: Brand NEW GA-EP45-UD3R on-board LEDs flashing &amp; No POST Beeps or Booting, Wah !!!

Thanks LSDMEASAP again.

Yes, I will be follwoing your suggestions tonight. I carefully printed out a lot (rather, ALL) of your suggestions and am ARMED and READY for this.

I also printed out the clearing CMOS instructions. I will post back tonight on my other home PC if I get stuck or be success.

But what causes the PHASE LEDs on the motherboard (6 shiny LEDs) to go flashing from the SOLIDly lit??? Is this an indication of some sort of mobo malfunction???

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      Dual Channel you mean, this would be using slots 1+3 or 2+4, that would be how you should install your ram

What you need to do is Clear your CMOS and flash again. Do this with only one stick of ram in and then load and apply optimized defaults ONLY and save/reboot back to the BIOS and then set your other settings. Here in post #2 is how to clear your CMOS.

You could also simply try starting your PC now with only 1 stick of ram, and if it works do the above suggested and then reboot and put in your other stick after setting your Ram voltage

Let me know if you get into the BIOS finally or not and I will help you some more

Comment

I tried both methods and it still will not go into the BOOT SCREEN. What does the FLASHING Phase LED mean? Like I said before, they are all flashing now. They did not flash before when it would boot into the boot screen.

Do I need to return the motherboard? I checked all other options like checking connections, power supplies, etc....

Could it be the CPU? Video card?

Thank you for your help.

Comment

I have never seen them flash, so you may want to ask Tech support about that >>>
          GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

I do know they will be on while you are in the BIOS and off in windows if you have C1E and EIST off, and will scale up and down while in use if you have Speedstep enabled (C1e + EIST)

But I have never seen them flash myself, so I am not sure. Are you sure they are the Phase LED's and not the ACPI ones?

What I would do first is remove the board from the case and unplugg everything. Put the board on a box or wooden table with only the minimal connected to it. That would be one stick of ram, CPU/Heatsink, and your GFX card. Nothing else at all and start the system and see if it loads the BIOS or not. If not try your second stick by itself next.

After that it would all depend on what other hardware you have as to how you go about further tests.

Do you have a case speaker? If so, please connect it and see what Beep code you get.

How long and what all did you do to clear the CMOS?

Comment

I have never seen them flash, so you may want to ask Tech support about that >>> I did ask that question, but they did not respond at all.

But I have never seen them flash myself, so I am not sure. Are you sure they are the Phase LED's and not the ACPI ones? Yes, They were the PHASE LEDs. The phase LEDs located to the right of Memory slots 2 &3.

What I would do first is remove the board from the case and unplugg everything. Put the board on a box or wooden table with only the minimal connected to it. That would be one stick of ram, CPU/Heatsink, and your GFX card. Nothing else at all and start the system and see if it loads the BIOS or not. If not try your second stick by itself next. I did that and same thing- flashing LEDs with no Boot Up screen.

Do you have a case speaker? If so, please connect it and see what Beep code you get. Yes, I have a case speaker, and NO beep of any kind.

How long and what all did you do to clear the CMOS? As your "sticky" suggested, I let the jumper sit jumped and battery removed for over 30 minutes. and still the same results.

Exhausted with failure of all remedy attempted, I ended up requesting RMA from the vendor and was granted one. So I shipped the MObo back to the vendor yesterday.

Perhaps the next one will be more "stable." I will come back here and post the difference once I get it going.

Thank you.

I have never seen them flash, so you may want to ask Tech support about that >>>

I did ask that question, but they did not respond at all.
            GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

I do know they will be on while you are in the BIOS and off in windows if you have C1E and EIST off, and will scale up and down while in use if you have Speedstep enabled (C1e + EIST)

But I have never seen them flash myself, so I am not sure. Are you sure they are the Phase LED's and not the ACPI ones?

What I would do first is remove the board from the case and unplugg everything. Put the board on a box or wooden table with only the minimal connected to it. That would be one stick of ram, CPU/Heatsink, and your GFX card. Nothing else at all and start the system and see if it loads the BIOS or not. If not try your second stick by itself next.

After that it would all depend on what other hardware you have as to how you go about further tests.

Do you have a case speaker? If so, please connect it and see what Beep code you get.

How long and what all did you do to clear the CMOS?

Comment

Well with a case speaker and no beeps RMA would be wise for sure if you were sure ALL Power connections were plugged in properly

Let us know how your RMA goes and how your new board is when you get it

Comment

Working...
              X