Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital out touching MB backplate! Is this a problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital out touching MB backplate! Is this a problem?

Hello all,

I assembled my new box this evening. The MB is a GA-EP43-DS3L.

I was giving it a final look before firing it up for the first time, when I noticed that the outlets on the back were not perfectly centered in the backplate. It's not off by much, perhaps a 1/16 of an inch, but the digital audio out appears to actually be touching the backplate edge. Perhaps given that it is an exposed male end it is already grounded, but I don't want to take any chances!

The MB is definitely installed corectly and securely, but for some odd reason just doesn't line up perfectly. I suppose the ATX screw holes in the case control the alignment? It's a brand new Lian LI PC-7B PLUS II Aluminum ATX Mid Tower case.
    Here are some closeup pics of what I am seeing:

As you can see, all the other outlets are in the holes, but everything is just a hair too high. You can see that USB's are high, but would probably accomodate the plug. I'm just concerned I'm going to fry my new board before I even get to use it.

Your assistance is MOST appreciated!

John

Re: Digital out touching MB backplate! Is this a problem?

You are fine, nice eyes though! Mine is similar right now.

I will post you some pics when I get back later today if it would make you more comfortable but I am on my way out the door now

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, and that does put my mind more at ease. But I will still have to hold you personally responsible if my board starts to smoke! JK!

But it does bother me that it is off so much. Yes, we are only talking about a 1/16 of an inch, but you would think the Mb/Backplate/Case would be more in tune.

Thanks!

Comment

You're fine. I'm just like that as well.

Comment

Thank you very much! I will likely be posting more tonight regarding MB configuration, but at least I now feel better about flipping the switch!

Comment

Ya, it is more of a case issue then the board being "Off" You are fine like that for sure

Comment

Working...
            X