No announcement yet.

ga-ep45-ud3r overclocking questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ga-ep45-ud3r overclocking questions?

With a 1.36 vcore in the bios I get 1.312 idle in windows and 1.280-1.296 under load in prime. I'm at 19hrs and still running. Here are my advanced timing controls per memset using auto in bios

Advanced Timing Control
    tRRD...........................................4
    tWTR..........................................12
    tWR............................................9
    tRFC...........................................68
    tRTP...........................................6
    Command Rate (CMD) ....................:2T

The only one that looks far off is the tWTR. Is it ok to use these settings instead of auto and change only tWTR to your previous recommendation?

Thanks
    Elitimus

Comment

Ya you can hard set those and then lower one at a time, you want to work to this area >>>
      tRRD...........................................4 << 3
      tWTR..........................................12 << 3-6
      tWR............................................9 << 4-6
      tRFC...........................................68 <<<48-50/ 52-62
      tRTP...........................................6 << 3-5

What do you get for performance level from Auto (tRD/Static tRead Value)?

Comment

Static tread value is manually set to 9 per your earlier recommendation, I don't remember what it was at auto. If you need me to I can find out. I'm just waiting till I get to the 24hr mark on prime before i shut down. 3 more hours Is there a particular thread to post stable settings for other users to go buy? I know every setup will be a little different, even with the same parts. If my final settings would be helpful to anyone I'd like to post them in the proper place since everyone who has posted here has been so helpful.

Elitimus

Comment

Na, I asked because you said you was using Auto, so I thought that may apply to Static tRead as well >>>

Originally posted by elitimus View Post
          Here are my advanced timing controls per memset using auto in bios

You can post them here, it may help someone someday if they use search, but there is not "Thread". It would be nice to make one but with so many different available setups it would likely become a cluttered mess anyway

Comment

1st time overclocker here...

I have the E7400 - Gig UD3r - 4 gig Corsair PC6400 xms2 - freezer7pro

I'm currently at 3.8 ghz (400 x 9.5) @ 1.36 volts peaking at 59 degrees (orthos stable)

for some reason I can't get the fsb anywhere over 400. Do I need to bump up the fsb voltage? Is it the ram?

what's the max core voltage you guys would recommend for the cooling that I have?

Comment

Working...
            X