Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help:: How to recover EP43-DS3L from a bad bios flash

Hi
    Recently I just brought a EP43-DS3L with F4 on it.
    The system was having random crashed, so I though I might update the bios. Since the bios update guide dont recommend jumping multiple version of bios, so I planned to update each version one by one.
    Updating to F5 was ok, windows booted up normally. So I progress to F6.
    The bios update screen showed bios update was successful, but on restart, the screen says "main bios checksum error" and went on a continus reboot looking for a bios.

Is there anyway of fixing this mobo? or is this mobo doomed?

Thanks

Re: Help:: How to recover EP43-DS3L from a bad bios flash

when you boot up ... i think hit END key instead of DELETE to get to bios .... that would get you to Qflash ,.,.. then update to the last bios ... F5 .. then that should work .. also if you put the dvd from the mother board ... when boot up also will have qflash option in there

Comment

Please do show me where it says that in the guide? I have had a few users ask me about that, and I do not remember (Nor can I find) writing that in the guide.

You may flash from any version to any version

Please remove all but one stick of ram and see if that helps. Then as said above, please try to get into Qflash from your install CD or by pressing the END Key at startup, if you get in great! Flash to the latest version.

If not Please try to clear the CMOS as outlined in the Flashing Guide in Post #2 >>>

Do you have a floppy drive ALREADY INSTALLED and set as first boot device? If not, and none of the above gets you anywhere you may have to RMA the board. If it comes to this please PM me and I will send you a link to one last thing you can try before you have to RMA. Try getting the CMOS cleared first though for sure

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions.
        I have try clearing the CMOS (remove battery, jumper on clr_cmos for 30min)
        The screen don't responds to any of the keys (DEL, END, F9, F12).
        I believe I have the floppy set as the first boot media, because before I update the bios to F6, I did successfully update to F5 and loaded "fail safe".
        Lsdmeasap can you send me the link to the last thing I can try before RMA the mobo.
        Thanks.

Comment

OK, well if you have Floppy setup right you think you can try the blind flash methods posted in this thread (See post #2) >>>

Otherwise I will send you link via PM now

Comment

Working...
          X