Can not get easy tune working!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not get easy tune working!

Sorry if this thread should not be posted here. But I thought if easytune is a software provided by manufacture, I might be able to find a solution to my problem here. Ok, I have tried different versions of easy tune 6 as well as the easy tune 5 pro. After installation of the software, it just says "could not start GPCIDrv driver". I have done some research and this problem was reported back when people were using Gigabyte 8800 video card. Some people also say this is a driver for PCI-E, but I just can not find where to get it. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: Can not get easy tune working!

what board are you using ??

Comment

jcalex286,
      let us know your specification,operating system,latest drivers,etc....
      Please read this yesterday post

Comment

If you are using P35 you need to use Easytune 5

If you are using P45 you need to use Easytune 6

You must have the latest Intel Chipset drivers installed, and preferably all windows updates (including optional and all .net updates)

Here is Intel Chipset >>>
        Confirm Download

Comment

Interesting - I tried that download on mine to make sure I have the latest and it said that the version I have now is newer than the one it was trying to download?
          GA-EP45-DQ6, Q6700 @ 3.33ghz, 8GB G.Skill DDR2 PC 8800, Thermalright 120 Ultra Extreme, Gigabyte Poseyden case, Geforce 7300GS, WD 1TB Caviar Black, SG 250 Barracuda, Raid 5 with 3 SG 250 Barracudas on ICH10R, Raid0 with 2 WD 640 Caviar Black on 3Ware 9650SE 4LPML, LG Bluray DVD R/RW, Corsair HX620W

Comment

Sorry guys, I didn't include my spec. E8400, EP45-DS3R(Bio F7B, and for some reason, I can not upgrade), 4GB OCZ DDR2 PC 6400. I am using windows xp professional 64 SP2. I have similar problem with ATI CCC. Thanks!

Comment

Ahh to both of you! On the download page it says why you see those messages, you MUST Install the older version first before you install the newer versions.

Here is the page with both kinds >>>
              GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Utility

Comment

LSD, if you don't mind me asking, they easy tune 5 or p35 and easy tune 6 for p45?

Comment

Yes that is correct, you need Easytune 5

Comment

Sorry. That was a typo in my last post. What I meant to ask was WHY and not they... lol.. sorry >_>

Comment

Hi, just got back. So i tried to install the new driver for my chipset, and it said it was installed successfully. However I reinstall the easytune 6 and it still says "could not start GPCIDrv driver". I wonder what I should try to do ? Thanks!

Comment

jcalex286,
                        you didn't give FULL specification,"could not start GPCIDrv driver" is related to video card.
                        PSU ?,drivers ?
                        I suspect that people having difficulties with this driver not loading may find its related to having non-standard or very old or very new video drivers that aren't recognised by the Gigabyte software.
                        Last edited by stasio; 11-26-2008, 08:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by soldier View Post
                          LSD, if you don't mind me asking, they easy tune 5 or p35 and easy tune 6 for p45?
                          Originally posted by soldier View Post
                          Sorry. That was a typo in my last post. What I meant to ask was WHY and not they... lol.. sorry >_>
                          ET5 is made for P35 and ET6 for P45, that is why. One may work on the other, but not properly.

ET 6 (Support Intel P45/P43/G45/G43 series MB)

@ jcalex286

Yes, please do post your full specs and what drivers you are using, and what OS as well. This could be a settings or voltage issue also if your card needs more then your PSU has or you need to add some voltage to it in the BIOS
                          Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 11-27-2008, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Hi! Here is my spec.

ASUS EAH4850/HTDI/512M Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16
                            (2.0v)

INTEL BX80570E8400 Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz 1333 MHz Socket 775 6MB
                            OCZ OCZ2G8004GK DDR2 PC2-6400 800MHz 4GB (2x2048) Kit Vista Performance

WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar SE320GB Hard Drive WD3200AAJS 320GB SATA II
                            7200 RPM 8MB Buffer Hard Drive

GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3R Intel P45 Core 2 Quad/Core 2 Extreme/Core 2
                            Duo/Pentium/Pentium Extreme Sock

COOLMAX NW-650B 650W SLI/CrossFire Active Power Supply Retail

My bios version is F7. I am using the newest driver for my video card.I am using windows xp profession 64bit SP2. I think power supply should not be an issue here. Thanks!
                            Last edited by jcalex286; 11-27-2008, 10:17 AM. Reason: miss one point

Comment

Have you added Any ICH voltages in the BIOS? You will also need MCH voltage as well.

You do have some suggested things to try in your overclocking thread. Let me know if you need more help with that thread.

For now with this GPCIDrv driver, maybe this will help >>>

ICH I/O……………….....1.550V............: <<< 1.55-1.65
                              ICH Core…………...……1.100V............: <<< 1.14-1.25

And ya know, easytune isn't really needed for anything, plenty of other tools will tell you the same info

Comment

Working...
                              X