Instaling Ga-EP35-D3SL and e5200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Instaling Ga-EP35-D3SL and e5200

Ahh, OK then you may be able to get 4Ghz... Sorry bud!

Well you will want to leave your advanced timings loose like you have them until you get your CPU where you want it. Then you can lower them

I would shoot for 10x402 for 4GHz with that CPU so you can have 1:1 with your ram and it may be the easiest way to do it

So I would switch to 10x333 and then start upping the FSB until it fails, then add more Vcore until it does not, and so on and so forth until you get 402 FSB

Keep this enabled >>>
    CPU Thermal Monitor 2(TM2) ...........: [Disabled]

Good luck, I am on my way out the door so I will see you tonight most likely!

Comment

Ok.. Im up to 3.9Ghz.. 400x10 just would not boot. I tried increasing the voltage but still nothing.

I'm pretty happy at 3.9GHZ now.

Realtemp gives me temperatures of around 30-32 on both cores.

My ram is @ 390MHZ 4-4-4-12.

I still have not tested this yet but I hope it's stable. I'll use it for a little while and let it test overnight..

Comment

So.. I decided to run a small test using Prime 95 v 25.8... When I use this version I get an error within a couple of seconds.. but if i use version 24.1 I don't get any error..

I've googled this error and i've seen people getting it at stock BIOS settings.. I'm a bit confused now..

Comment

Ok. I believe it was something to do with the voltage drop... My voltage is not set to 1.5v in the bios and the test is running fine. I will leave it over night and if all goes well then ill drop it to 1.4.. Going to feel around for the right voltage.

This may take some time -_-"

Comment

Try Orthos. Ya finding correct voltages is a bit tricky and will take some time usually

Ya did good! I thought I would come back today to see you clocked up there! Once you get 3.9 stable save that as a Profile using F11 on the MAIN Page of the BIOS (F12 is load) then you can try for 4Ghz and load the 3.9 profile anytime you need to

Comment

I used Intel burn test thingy to test the 3.9 @ 1.5, it was stable. Did not get around to testing the 1.4 yet.

A friend was telling me that it's better to keep your multiplier at the lowest and just crank up the FSB. Higher FSB is better theoretically he said.

What's up with that?

And yes. I am going to go for 4GHZ again.

One more thing.. Some programs ( like orthos) detect my CPU speed at 4.87GHZ.. ? :S

Comment

1.5V is alot! And likely very hot! Is that actual voltage shown by CPU-z?

You should for sure not need that much

What orthos are you using, version I mean? Mine always shows same as CPU-z, maybe just your CPU confuses it? I'm using 20060420

Yes, more FSB is best for sure, everything else follows. So for sure dont use 12.5 Multi or something like that. But do keep in mind your at 2.00 Memory multi you cant go much past 400-450 FSB with that ram Maybe 500 FSB would be possible with 555-18 timings, but it would be pushing that ram to it's max (If even possible, and may kill it pretty quick)

Comment

I just need to get the voltages worked out..

But i think Im content with settings as is.

Looking to get some new ram as well. 1000 or 1066?

Probably just wondering if I can get my ram timings any tighter.. Will post full settings later..

My northbridge and fsb volts at +.3.. i think thats too high.. i think something wrong :(

Comment

Soldier,

Here's a link to my 65nm E2160 Spec Finder page ... VID Voltage Range: 0.85v - 1.5v
                    If I set my 65nm processor to 1.475v in BIOS, it reads between 1.492-1.508 in PC Health.
                    I intend to not exceed the designed VID Voltage Range, so I will never set it higher than 1.475v.

Here's a link to your 45nm E5200 Spec Finder page ... VID Voltage Range: 0.85v - 1.3625v
                    This bears repeating ...
                    Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                    1.5V is alot!
                    Gigabyte P35-S3G . 50mm Fan on MCH +0.2v
                    Intel E6500 (9 x 420) 3780mHz 1.33125v
                    G.Skill 4x1GB
                    PC2-6400-NQ
                    840mHz +0.2v
                    Gigabyte HD4850 . Acer X223W . Acer X193W+
                    Rosewill
                    RP500-2 . WD WD3200AAJS . Masscool 8WA741

Comment

Been out of it for the weekend. I'm so confused as to whats going on right now. Will post settings when I get home from work.

My voltage is at 1.425 now. If I remember properly, it won't boot at 1.4 even with my northbridge and fsb voltage set at +0.3.

My temps are great but a friend told me for those voltages those temps cannot be real.

Can someone shine some advice on me here please? Thanks.

Comment

Hmm, maybe too much FSB for sure and possibly too much MCH as well causing you to think you need 1.4+ vcore?

I'd have to see all your settings to be sure though

What temps are you telling your friend (Like CPU or Core Temps, or system temps)? And what are those temps and what program are you using to check them?

Comment

Settings:

Robust Graphics Booster___________ [Fast
                          CPU Clock Ratio ____________ [10]
                          Fine Clock Ratio ____________[0.0]
                          CPU Host Clock Control_ [Enabled]
                          CPU Host Frequency (MHz)__________ 3.90GHZ[390]
                          PCI Express Frequency (Mhz)_______ [100]
                          C.I.A. 2__________________________ [Disabled]
                          System Memory Multiplier (SPD)____ [2.00]
                          Memory Frequency_______________[780]
                          DRAM Timing Selectable_______ SPD __ [Manual]

Performance Enhance = [Standard]

CAS Latency Time________________ 4
                          Dram RAS# to CAS# Delay_________ 4
                          Dram RAS# Precharge Delay_______ 4
                          Precharge Delay (tRAS)__________ 12

ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)_________4
                          Rank Write to READ Delay________6
                          Write to Precharge Delay________6
                          Refresh to ACT Delay____________42
                          Read to Precharge Delay_________6
                          Static tRead Value______________10
                          Static tRead Phase Adjust_______Auto

System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
                          DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.3v]
                          PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [Normal]
                          FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.2V]
                          (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.2V]
                          CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.4500]

Limit CPUID Max. to 3.....................: [Disabled]
                          No-Execute Memory Protect............: [Enabled]
                          CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E)................: [Disabled]
                          C2/C2E State Support....................: [Disabled]
                          x C4/C4E State Support..................: [Disabled]
                          CPU EIST Function.........................: [Disabled

My temps idle at around 30 - 32. I use realtemp to monitor my temps.

With 1.4000v, I will fail IBT. I think however, it's because of the Vdrop. It's big.

CPUZ reads Vcore at 1.408...

Comment

This should be enabled >>

What is your voltage at load with orthos or prime running? Just trying to see what vdroop you have

Is this just one 2GB stick? I think I asked before, but just wanted to be sure.

If so you can likely use these voltages >>>
                            System Voltage Control____ [Manual]
                            DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.3v]
                            PCI-E OverVoltage Control_ [Normal]
                            FSB OverVoltage Control___ [+0.2V] << Only +0.1
                            (G)MCH OverVoltage Control [+0.2V] << Only +0.1
                            CPU Voltage Control_______ [1.4500]

Comment

I'm not sure at voltage load, will need to check that out. I have 2X1.

Another question. Why enable TM2? I'm reading online that TM2 is a power saving option and must be disabled for overclock.

Please explain.

Comment

TM2 is not a power saving option, those are C1E and EIST. It is part of Speedstep, but only as a failsafe incase of issues

TM2 is a "Shut Down/Warn" Failsafe you incase your CPU Reaches TjMax or triggered by excessively high temperatures. When and if reached your CPU will scale down clocks and Voltage to save it from dying

Self throttle – The digital temperature detector trips when junction temperature reaches maximum junction temperature and initiates TM1 or TM2 power control cycle. Platforms that use software control mechanisms, use self thermal monitor as a fail-safe mechanism only, since it is much faster then the software, and can guarantee fast respond time.

If temperatures increase beyond Hot Scale, then ~ 5c below Tjunction Max, Throttling is activated. The Digital Thermal Sensors (DTS) are used to trigger Intel`s TM1 and TM2 technologies for frequency, multiplier and Vcore Throttling within individual Cores. If Core temperatures increase further to Tjunction Max, then Shutdown occurs. Since Tcase indicates CPU Die temperature only, it is not used for Throttle or Shutdown activation, however, as Tcase Max will be exceeded before Tjunction Max is reached, Tcase Max is always the limiting thermal specification.
                                More of the same >>>

Thermal Monitor 2 (TM2)

When the thermal treshold is exceeded, TM2 changes the clock speed and core voltage to reduce the CPU power consumption. All cores will activate TM2 simultaneously as there is no per-core support. Users will not feel the choppiness as the transition between P-states are very smooth. TM2 is only supported by the CPU.
                                Tech ARP - PC Power Management Guide Rev. 2.0

More tests and info
                                Performance and Power Consumption Control Features in Intel Pentium 4 and Intel Xeon Processors &ndash; Different Names, the Same Principles

In the end, it should be enabled incase your CPU Fan stops or something else goes wrong and you are not around! It will not affect your Overclock at all

Comment

Working...
                                X