intel core 2 duo e8400
    antec EA650
    sapphire 100245L Radeon HD 4850
    g. skill 4gb (2x2gb)
    LG 20x dvd burner
    western digital caviar 80gb 7200 3.0 gb/s
    all in a
    coolermaster centurion 590

my issue is this i've had the mobo and the rest of the setup for a bout 2 weeks, no complaints thus far
    however
    i have noticed that whenever i load up the BIOS menu, it has an array of misspellings and a bunch of different characters that dont belong, is this a problem? i tried updating the bios and it didn't make a difference, but it wasn't always like this, when i first got the mobo everything was okay
    could it be mobo damage? im hoping this won't affect any of the essentials of my new rig

also
    if anybody knows how to solve the boot-up flash issue with the HD card, i've been looking for solutions everywhere but everytime i install the drivers for the 4850 and reboot, it'll show the windows loading logo, but when the bootup screen should come up, it just blanks to a black screen with the mouse cursor and then blinks for a while, restarts
    windows safe mode works perfectly and so i've had to go in and try different settings and uninstall adn reinstall the drivers several times
    i dont know what the issue is but if anybody has any input, it would be greatly appreciated

thanks

Re: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P issues

Hmm, was this on the same GFX card? When you update the BIOS you do load/apply/save/reboot optimized defaults correct? If not you MUST do this, and be sure once you do and reboot you go BACK to the BIOS and set your SATA Settings over again and anything else you need to.

I am using a HD card, sapphire 3870 Toxic and I dont have any issues. Maybe it is just the 4850, are you using the latest Drivers from ATI? And do you have the Intel chipset drivers installed? If not, here is links to both >>>>
    Drivers & Software

Download Software, Drivers and Utilities Filters

What you may need to do is add some Southbridge voltages, I had to when I switched from X1950 to 3870 or my PC would not load windows at all. Those would be >>>

MCH/ICH
    MCH Core…………….....1.100V...........: << 1.14-1.3 << For 2x2 GB
    ICH I/O……………….....1.550V............: <<< 1.55-1.6
    ICH Core…………...……1.100V............: <<< 1.14-1.2 << I had to set this and the above one as well

Comment

Lsdmeasap

thanks for the prompt reply

upon updating the BIOS i was under the impression that these settings are automatically applied
      how should i go about doing this?

it would seem the intel website does not have anything for my chipset related to windows vista ultimate 32-bit

and as far as adjusting voltages
      i assume this is done in the BIOS as well?

Comment

Nothing is automatically applied, on the MAIN Screen of the BIOS you will see Load Optimized on the right side. Be sure you reboot back to the BIOS and not windows so you can set your SATA And other settings again

Ya, you just have to select ALL OS or Vista 32*, the package is a Multi OS multi 32/64 installer, so they are all the same. Here is the link you want >>>

Yes, voltages are in the BIOS sorry I did not mention that. Guess I assume to often that users know all about the BIOS.

Comment

sorry,
          im not super experienced on building computers, this is the fourth build i've done and it's been a lot more complicated than i remember before...

anyways,

where do i find the specific voltages that my card/memory would require?

are the ones u posted accurate for my setup?

thanks

Comment

Ya, P45 does have ALOT more BIOS settings available to users compared to older boards or other brands

Your warrantied ram voltage would be found on the site where you purchased the ram, or on the ram's sticker often

Yes the above suggested voltages would be for your setup, but those do not included the actual ram voltage itself. Those are Northbridge and Southbridge voltages I suggested above for you to see if that would help with your issue with your HD4850.

You Ram voltage setting would be right under the above mentioned settings in the MIT Section of the BIOS. It will look like this >>>

DRAM
            DRAM Voltage ……....1.800V............: << Here is where you would set your voltage, Auto only sets 1.8V, and most ram is 2.0-2.1V, some is 1.9V. Check with your sticker or link me to your rams page and I can check for you if you like

DRAM Termination .…0.900V............: <<< Leave
            Channel A Reference 0.900V............: <<< Leave
            Channel B Reference 0.900V............: <<< Leave

Comment

Here's the link to the memory I'm using

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB &#40;2 x 2GB&#41; 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 &#40;PC2 6400&#41; Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory

Thanks again

Comment

Ok thanks!

Ya, I would use this >>>

DRAM
                DRAM Voltage ……....1.800V............: Set to 1.9 or 1.85

DRAM Termination .…0.900V............: <<< Leave
                Channel A Reference 0.900V............: <<< Leave
                Channel B Reference 0.900V............: <<< Leave

Comment

thanks for the voltage posts

another quick question:

what's the best way to find out whether or not this is a memory or a GPU issue?

i read another post on a separate forum (i forget where) that described the same issues with a lot of spelling errors on the BIOS and some other visual display issues

could this be because my GPU burned out?

Comment

Well you could memtest your ram >>>
                    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

One stick at a time at stock, then both at the settings you are using, that would let you know if ram is a issue

You could test another older card if you have one? Or test that Card in another system

Have you updated your BIOS? If not, maybe you should to see if that helps >>>

Comment

Working...
                    X