Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-EP45-DS3L Compatible with G.Skill F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45-DS3L Compatible with G.Skill F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B?

I am about to order GA-EP45-DS3L with G.Skill F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B (2x2GB) memory from Newegg.

I have read some incompatibility issues between the GA-EP45-DS3L mobo with G.Skill modules. I did not see G.Skill memory listed in the memory compatibility list at the Gigabyte website.

Can someone either confirm or refute such incompatibility problems? Thanks in advance.

Re: GA-EP45-DS3L Compatible with G.Skill F2-6400CL4D-4GBPI-B?

i believe that with nearly any 2x2gb setup that you will need to do some tweaking in bios to have it stable.

Comment

Thanks.

So what's the typical "tweaking" process? If you can provide me with a link that would be great.

Comment

changing some default/auto settings in bios to something like this http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ep45...-1066-a-28741/

i'm still having problems though, but i am still reading on things i can do to achieve better stability. so far, it's been very erractic, sometimes working well for hours and sometimes not even loading windows.

Comment

That ram will be fine with that board. Yes 2x2 may need some adjustments. Those at minimal would be Performance Enhance set to standard, trfc of at least 52-62, Ram voltage set manually, MCH Voltage set manually (1.2-1.3)

Those would be minimal changes, I can help you will full settings once you get your ram

Comment

i have had good luck in 3 GA-EP45-DS3R with G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel just setting
            DRAM Performance Control
            Performance Enhance...................: [STANDARD]

Comment

Working...
            X