EP45-DS3L PCI Slot Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP45-DS3L PCI Slot Problem

I'm building a PC with EP45-DS3L MB and E8600 CPU. Everything seems to work fine except for the PCI slots. I'm trying to install a DLink PCI wireless card but everytime I physically intall the card, the PC will not boot. No video at all and PC goes to endless reboots. I changed the BIOS setting to use PCIe as startup display instead of the default PCI but it did not help. I removed the PCIe video and installed an old PCI card. The MB recognized the card and try to boot but immediately shutdown and restart. Without anything plugged-in to the PCI slot, everything worked fine. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

BIOS Ver. F9
    CPU iE8600
    Video Gigabyte 2400HD (ATI) PCIe
    RAM (2) 1GB Kingston 6400

Re: EP45-DS3L PCI Slot Problem

Can you test this card in another system, sounds like it may be faulty

Comment

I got the card from a known good system that I was going to replace. I will try a different wireless card later on tonight and see what happens. What gets me though is I can't even boot the PC if I use a generic PCI video card. Boots fine with PCIe. That is why I'm thinking of PCI issue.

Comment

Hmm try setting your ICH voltages to this and see if it helps >>>

ICH I/O……………….....1.550V............: <<< 1.55-1.6
        ICH Core…………...……1.100V............: <<< 1.14-1.25

Also set PCI Expres Freq to 100

Could be Bad PCI slots, I use a PCI Wireless card and have no issues on my P45, without added voltages. But I did recently need to add them for my new card to boot thru

Comment

Working...
        X