EP35 DS3 restart problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP35 DS3 restart problem

Just rebuilt computer with a EP35-DS3R , q6600 @3.4 (8X425) 2x Geil 1gb + 2X512mb Gskill everything stable , perfect.Problem, 9 tiimes out of ten when I shut down or restatart, computer will restart then shut straight back down and restart without overclocking. Have to enter bios re-enable cpu host clock control and reset system memory multiplier to 2x, everything else is fine , then system re-boots as normal .

Any ideas ?

Volts
    CPU 1.575 (1.5-1.54 with vdrop)
    FSB + .01
    MCH +.01
    Sytem is water cooled so cpu does not go above 65 when stress tested( so is MCH)

Re: EP35 DS3 restart problem

Well first of all you should not be mixing brands, and to add to that size of modules. You are just never going to be stable like that

I would suggest if you feel you must keep using the ram like that you may need to add a bit more MCH and Set your ram voltage.

The ram All will run at the smaller/slower speeds/timings and voltages of the smaller sticks, so use that

After that you can likely lower your Vcore, alot. 1.5 actual should not be needed until 3.6+ with a Q6600. For 3.4 you should be in the 1.42-1.44 actual voltage range, but as we all know all chips are different and yes some are voltage hogs. I just thought I would let you know I did indeed think that was a bit much, but if you do need it it is fine for sure

Comment

Thats the point the thing is stable , runs perfect , completed occt, runs prime95 for hours no probs but you shut down or restart and it ****s the bios up .Used the same set up in my old EP35C DS3R (until a dodgy graphics card killed it )and that was fine and previously in a MSI P35 Platinum(until that just died RMAd 2 gave up in the end , never again )

Comment

Does not sound stable to me since your reboot fails to keep your settings. This means your settings are a bit to tight, or as I said above never going to work with that ram setup like that.

Get same ram or remove the smaller ones and your reboots will be fine

Comment

You were right on the ram, it was clocked at 850 and the 2X512mb sticks didnt like it . Raised the multiplier to nine and reduced the fsb to 390(3510) gets the ram to 780(4-4-4-12) and it restarts fine and is stable even though it is effectively running at a higher speed .Thanks

Comment

Nice to see. Ya, you should run without those 512's or wait and get you more 1GB sticks or 2x2

Comment

Working...
            X