Memory voltage question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory voltage question

I have a GA-X38-DQ6 MB running BIOS ver 9F9 I have 4 x1 GB memory modules using all DIMM sockets. when I try to up the voltage in the BIOS it only seems to affect DIMM socket 1 and 3, 2 and 4 seem to read different voltage. 2.3 volts for socket 1 & 2 and 2.1 volts for socket 3&4.
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
    Any ideas why this is? I know the memory is from the same mfg with identical specs but the newer mem has a different type / part number but I would not think this would affect voltage readings
    Attached Files

Re: Memory voltage question

Ya, those are different chips used in each set of ram, one warrantied to 2.1 and the other to 2.3.

What you are looking at is what is programmed into the SPD Chip on the ram itself for Auto/EPP/XMP. That is not what is being applied to the sticks, To check voltages applied you need to use EasyTune, Everest or something similar like PCWizard or HWMonitor.

See, here is a example of what is programmed, and what is actually being applied >>>>

Comment

Sweet, that explains it I figured I was doing something wrong.
      stange about the memory though they both show voltage 2.1-2.3 on the sticks??. I got PCwizard now so thinks make more sense

Thanks a lot "Lsdmeasap"

Comment

2.1-2.3 is just the MAX allowed under warranty is all, not what the sticks will need.

Comment

Working...
        X