X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• memtest86 error in less than 1 hour

Specs:
    Q6600 @ stock 2.4ghz
    4gb OCZ Gold series 1066mhz( 5 6 6 18) manually set to 2.1 dram voltage (266x4.00A to get to the manufactuer speed of 1066)
    1:2 fsb,dram ratio
    EP45 DS3L
    GTX260 Core 216 at stock speeds.

MCH Voltage 1.10

i got the error in pass 1 test 6 and i didnt change the MCH Voltage even though your suppose to with 4gb of ram or more. is that the reason im getting this error? or is it something with the ram?

Re: memtest86 error in less than 1 hour

I would add a bit on your MCH voltage, maybe 1.15-1.26

And then once you see that is stable you can likely lower your Main timings.

Also, set performance Enhance to Standard, and set trfc to 54-62

Comment

wow fast reply thanks LSD for all this help lol so is the mch voltage the cause of that error on test 6? and yea i set it to standard and the trfc to 54.

Comment

Ya, it likely is your issue. That or maybe too low of a Static Tread. Also be sure to set your Driving Strength profile (If you do not see them you may have a old BIOS or you need to use the hotkey on the MAIN page of the BIOS hit Control + F1 then go into MIT and see if you see it. You should use 1066 or 1200

Comment

yea i dont see any driving strength profile and yea i didnt change the static tread its on auto and i think its at 6. so do i need to change it to 7 or higher? and for mch voltage will it make my cpu run hotter? and i have EIST and C1E(i think thats what its called) both enabled that shouldnt affect ram right?

and a ratio of 1:2 FSB:DRAM is ok right?
          Last edited by wutsup; 11-09-2008, 02:21 AM.

Comment

ok so i changed the mch voltage to 1.16 and static tRead to 7 and there were 2 driving strength profiles and i changed them both to1066mhz. so far no errors after an hour and 45 minutes and its on its third pass. hoefully i wont get any errors.

Comment

Ya, set Static Tread to 8 or 9 for now until you get stable

MCH is your Northbridge and no. If you are at stock then C1E and EIST should give you no issues, but I would disable them anyway to be sure

You may need 1.24-1.28 MCH for your ram, just so you know

Good luck with your testing, and let us know how you get along

Comment

well after 3 passes i have zero errors. should i be testing longer? well after i did the 3 passes i selected certain test to run such as 5 and 6.

Comment

Well is this initial testing or testing your tweaked timings? If it is initial I suggest 10 full passes, same is suggested after you think you have tweaked things and are stable.

I do also suggest a full night of testing while you sleep to be sure once you think you got it

Comment

Working...
                  X