Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6 rev1.0 endless reboot problem

Hi guys,
    I know I'm probably in the wrong region (Malaysia) to ask this question, but this is probably a known issue and most probably I can find some answers here. Pardon my English.

I've been using my pc for roughly a year, here are my specs:

Acbel 550W
    C2D E6420 Stock fan
    500GB WD
    Pioneer 212 DVD Burner
    EVGA 8800GTS

Ok, so basically, since I've bought it mid-2007 I have had no problems running the PC at 3.2Ghz with no temperature problems. Its a solid performer for my design needs and it still is until two days ago. Firstly, the mobo booted it at 2.13Ghz (the stock speed) and I thought that was weird, so I went back to the BIOS setup to load my 3.2Ghz settings. It still boots at 2.13ghz. So, I tweaked the voltage (small changes mind you, no CPU/Memory killing voltages) and somehow it booted to 3.2Ghz but it failed to load Windows with a BSOD. What I did next was to go to BIOS setup and set the voltage settings to AUTO.

After I saved and rebooted the PC, there's two beeps, runs the fans for 1-2 seconds and it reboots, and goes to the same process over and over again, and there's nothing on the screen. I don't get the usual POST beep.
    I have googled for the problem and I can't find any solution for it besides sending the mobo for RMA. Unfortunately, here in Malaysia, I need a receipt and I don't have that ATM. Is there a way to get this PC back to default settings again?

Oh, what I have tried include:

1)Removing everything accept VGA, 1 stick of RAM (All Slots), and a keyboard. No usb devices. No go.

2)Putting a jumper for more than 5 minutes on the Clear_CMOS pins after unplugging the power cable. Replugged and still the same issue. No go.

3)Removing the battery for more than 5 minutes after unplugging the power cable. Replugged and still the same issue. No go.

So, to the GIGABYTE gurus, is there a definite solution for this, that can help me at least run my PC at default speed as I need to use it for work desperately. Buying a new motherboard replacement is kinda hard at the moment as its kinda out of my budget for now.

Thanks in advance, again don't mind my English.

Re: Gigabyte GA-P35-DQ6 rev1.0 endless reboot problem

Try to clear the CMOS again by unplugging the PSU from the wall, remove the CMOS battery, press and hold the Case power switch in for one minute. Then place your jumper on the clear CMOS pins and let your PC set for about 30 minutes.

Then remove the jumper and put the battery back in and plug in the system, you should get a CMOS Checksum error screen with several choices of what BIOS or settings to load. Choose optimized defaults

Do all of this with one stick of ram in slot one. Can you test your ram in another pc to be sure it is ok as well?

If you do not get the CheckSum Error screen try that for longer. I say that because if you do not get the error screen you did not clear the cmos yet

If you still dont get anywhere, PM me, as I have one thing you can try before you have to RMA
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 11-08-2008, 03:58 AM.

Comment

Thanks, I got one thing to ask. Once I unplug the power cable, and remove the CMOS battery, when I should hold the CASE power button for one minute, just to be clear, there shouldn't be any power running at all right? Since its unplugged.

Anyway, I'll try this out ASAP. Thank you very much!

Comment

Ld,
        PM me second solution,as I have same issue like bem69.
        Btw,I also living in Malaysia

Comment

Press the Case power switch after you unplug the PSU and remove the battery. This helps to drain all remaining power from the PSU and board.

PM Sent

Comment

Hi, i'm aving the same problem with an x38 dq6 motherboard. After changing some settings in the bios and restarting the machine, i get the infamous "corrupted bios" message. Then the motherboard starts the forever reboot. I tried to reset cmos, olso pulling out the battery and unplugging the psu: no way. I olso tried unplugging anything from the motherboard but the video card and one 2Gb memory stick plugged in the first slot: no way. Even using one 1Gb memory stick does not change the situation.
            Even using an old pci video card does not resolve the problem. Seems like the bios does not complete the post, resetting the system due to some settings that it doesn't like.
            Does it exists a method to solve this strange problem? I really don't know, it's the first time i see something like that on a motherboard, it seems like a critical bug in the firmware :S

Comment

Ok just to let you guys know, I tried putting kingston value ram in my system and it booted. It won't boot with the Crucial RAMs. Seems that both my Crucial's are faulty. Or are they? Probably ain't got enough juice at AUTO settings?

Comment

@Bem, yeah you likely need to set the voltage, but I would set it and test each stick for sure one by one as I am testing 2x2 and 4x1 of crucial right now and they boot at 1.8 just fine. So your's may be bad.

@Dr.Slump

Pm Sent

Comment

Originally posted by DrSlump View Post
                  Hi, i'm aving the same problem with an x38 dq6 motherboard. After changing some settings in the bios and restarting the machine, i get the infamous "corrupted bios" message. Then the motherboard starts the forever reboot. I tried to reset cmos, olso pulling out the battery and unplugging the psu: no way. I olso tried unplugging anything from the motherboard but the video card and one 2Gb memory stick plugged in the first slot: no way. Even using one 1Gb memory stick does not change the situation.
                  Even using an old pci video card does not resolve the problem. Seems like the bios does not complete the post, resetting the system due to some settings that it doesn't like.
                  Does it exists a method to solve this strange problem? I really don't know, it's the first time i see something like that on a motherboard, it seems like a critical bug in the firmware :S
                  Same here, on Gigabyte X38-DS5. If you have another method please pm me or post here.
                  Regards.

Comment

Please try to clear your CMOS using the method I outlined here in post #2 >>>

Then start the board with one stick of ram in slot one. Have you tested your ram in another board to be sure it is not faulty? If not, please do. Here is Memtest86+ 2.11 >>
                    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

What BIOS are you trying to flash, and what BIOS did you have before? Please also list your full specs

Comment

Last bios was F4. The mobo displayed the message "recovery bios..." then starts the forever reboot.

I tryed 6 mem sticks in every slot, 2 psu, 3CPU, 2 VGA, even another battery, your method in that thread on differrent times between 30mins and 12 hours, DFI Long Bios Clear.

My system is:
                      Gigabyte X38-DS5
                      E6850, E5300, Celeron 356
                      4* A-data PC6400, 2 *Corsair 8000UL
                      HD2400xt, x800GTO
                      Antec EA650W, Antec Signature 650W
                      Last edited by mamulos; 04-05-2009, 02:14 PM.

Comment

I'm in the same boat like mamulos. Almost same configuration (Antec Signature 650, E2200, Corsair TWIN2X4096-6400C5DHX, Gigabyte 8800GT), I did what he did to revive it and same endless reboot.
                        Please help us.

Comment

Well there is not much you can do if you cannot clear the CMOS. The only thing I can advise is shorting the BIOS chip, which is up to you to do. If you do not wish to do that you would need to RMA the board

Here is a post on how to short the chip (Site down ATM so you may have to wait or try second link given) >>>
                          XtremeSystems Forums site:Mac OS X Server

Gigabyte X48T DQ6 Living Review - Page 55 - Clunk's Forums.

(Image needed in mentioned link) >>

Comment

Hi Guys, Thanks for help. Your instructions worked for me.
                            I have GA-ep45-ds4p and caused constant re-boot by updating BIOS
                            in XP. Regards Alan

Comment

Working...
                            X