Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-965P-DS4: slow boot (bios)

Hi everyone,

I have decided to reinstall my system, add more memory and switch to Vista x64.

I have a GA-965P-DS4, F11 Bios with C2D E6300, 6 Gig of ram (2x2 + 2x1), 3 SATAII HDDs (2 Samsung 250G, 1 WD 750G) and a SATA DVD Burner. The graphic card is a poor 7300GS. I'm not doing any overclocking yet.

I'm actually very disappointed with the delay before the OS actually starts. It takes about 32 seconds only for the BIOS, even more if I activate ICH8R Raid settings (and I would like to use it).

I find this awfully long.

Is that normal delay ? Is there anything I could change in my BIOS to reduce this ? Also, is there any option to speed up the Intel Matrix stuff startup ?

Thanks all for your help.
    Kako78

Re: GA-965P-DS4: slow boot (bios)

All normal.

What do you want to change with the Intel Matrix stuff? And why are you using it if you do not have RAID setup?

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      All normal.

What do you want to change with the Intel Matrix stuff? And why are you using it if you do not have RAID setup?
      I want to use it. But I'm very unhappy about the additionnal 10s boot time and was wondering if this was my setup or standard...

I mean, am I the only one out there who thinks 30+ seconds for the BIOS is really too much ?

Cheers,
      Kako

Comment

That is a standard wait time. AHCI makes that even longer. If you are not using RAID you do not need matrix software installed.

Maybe you have your BIOS settings wrong, like ram timings or something making it slower then normal. But yes 20-30 seconds is a normal bootup especially if you are using AHCI

RAID is a little faster then AHCI as the AHCI BIOS takes longer to load. But if you have them both disabled it will be a little bit faster.

Want to/can you post me a video of your bootup? Then I could see just how close to normal it seems to me.

Comment

Working...
        X