Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte Motherboards BIOS Chip

Hi!
    My GA-MA78GM-S2H use a MX 25L8005M2C BIOS Chip! Anyone knows the BIOS chip used in GA-M61SME-S2L and GA-M61SME-S2?'
    Thank's!

Re: Gigabyte Motherboards BIOS Chip

Likely the same exact chip, why? I say the same because even my board uses that one. And that was the chip used in M5 variant boards and still is used in todays

Here is the manual for it if you need it >>>
    BIOS CHIP mx25l8005.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      Likely the same exact chip, why? I say the same because even my board uses that one. And that was the chip used in M5 variant boards and still is used in todays

Here is the manual for it if you need it >>>
      BIOS CHIP mx25l8005.pdf
      Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H (Rev.1.0) BIOS Flash Error - TweakTown Forums

Comment

If it is a socketed Bios Chip then using a Bios Saviour should be able to program the chip. You would need to have a working motherboard that uses the same type of Bios chip but this way would be safer than hotflashing. Bios Saviours mean that a motherboard can have two Bios chips which can be switched between using a switch on the back of the PC. If one Bios chip becomes corrupt then changing the switch would allow the other Bios chip to be used to boot the PC and then the corrupt Bios could be re-flashed after moving the switch to select the corrupt Bios.

It is the safest and best dual bios method, far superior to Gigabytes dual bios which is pretty much useless as many have found out.
        Gigabyte X48-DS5 F7 Bios
        Intel Q9450 2.66GHz 8 x 333, 8 x 438 (3.5GHz when overclocked) 1.35V with Intel Power saving enabled
        Windows XP Pro SP2 32 bit
        2x2GB OCZ Reaper HPC PC2-8500
        Corsair HX 520 PSU
        Gigabyte GV-RX385512H HD3850 512MB
        Western Digital WD5000ABYS 500GB SATA hard drive
        Western Digital WD5000YS 500GB SATA hard drive - disconnected
        Seagate 250GB SATA hard drive
        Samsung 1TB
        Samsung 500GB
        Seagate 80GB
        BenQ 1640 IDE DVD-ReWriter
        NEC 3520 IDE DVD-ReWriter
        Pinnacle Dual DVB-T PCI Tuner
        Mystique Dual PCI-e DVB-S2
        mCubed T Balancer Fan controller controlling 6 case fans and CPU fan - CPU fan recently changed after system freezing started with new higher speed CPU fan.
        minifan blowing through northbridge

Comment

Originally posted by RedDwarf View Post
          If it is a socketed Bios Chip then using a Bios Saviour should be able to program the chip. You would need to have a working motherboard that uses the same type of Bios chip but this way would be safer than hotflashing. Bios Saviours mean that a motherboard can have two Bios chips which can be switched between using a switch on the back of the PC. If one Bios chip becomes corrupt then changing the switch would allow the other Bios chip to be used to boot the PC and then the corrupt Bios could be re-flashed after moving the switch to select the corrupt Bios.

It is the safest and best dual bios method, far superior to Gigabytes dual bios which is pretty much useless as many have found out.
          GA-M61SME-S2L, GA-M61SME-S2 and Gigabyte GA-M61PME-S2?

Comment

You won't be able to hotflash a chip if it is soldered to the board. Hotflashing means removing a socketed chip while the PC is running, which is why it is dangerous and then inserting a different chip which is then flashed.

How do you think you can do this with a soldered chip?
            Gigabyte X48-DS5 F7 Bios
            Intel Q9450 2.66GHz 8 x 333, 8 x 438 (3.5GHz when overclocked) 1.35V with Intel Power saving enabled
            Windows XP Pro SP2 32 bit
            2x2GB OCZ Reaper HPC PC2-8500
            Corsair HX 520 PSU
            Gigabyte GV-RX385512H HD3850 512MB
            Western Digital WD5000ABYS 500GB SATA hard drive
            Western Digital WD5000YS 500GB SATA hard drive - disconnected
            Seagate 250GB SATA hard drive
            Samsung 1TB
            Samsung 500GB
            Seagate 80GB
            BenQ 1640 IDE DVD-ReWriter
            NEC 3520 IDE DVD-ReWriter
            Pinnacle Dual DVB-T PCI Tuner
            Mystique Dual PCI-e DVB-S2
            mCubed T Balancer Fan controller controlling 6 case fans and CPU fan - CPU fan recently changed after system freezing started with new higher speed CPU fan.
            minifan blowing through northbridge

Comment

Originally posted by RedDwarf View Post
              You won't be able to hotflash a chip if it is soldered to the board. Hotflashing means removing a socketed chip while the PC is running, which is why it is dangerous and then inserting a different chip which is then flashed.

How do you think you can do this with a soldered chip?

Comment

Well I cannot find out for sure, but what I do see is that all Gigabyte boards I look up use that Chip. Old ones and new ones.

So you would just have to try it, and if that does not work then resolder it and RMA... That is all you can do

Comment

Well I cannot find out for sure, but what I do see is that all Gigabyte boards I look up use that Chip. Old ones and new ones.

So you would just have to try it, and if that does not work then resolder it and RMA... That is all you can do

Comment

Ya, let us know how things turn out, either way

Comment

Ya, let us know how things turn out, either way
                      Here we go! I bought a GA-M61PM-S2. That uses a MX 25L4005 (the same of MX25L8005, but with half memory, 4MB)! I do the Hot Flash! Partial successful! I try to flash my MX25L8005 into the GA-M61PM-S2, but the FLASH895 recognize it like the MX 25L4005, that has a 512Kb bios capacity, while the MX25L8005 of my GA-MA78GM-S2H uses a 1MB bios file! The result of my hot flash is bios file size error! I also use the AWDFLASH v8.93 but no results! Uniflash v1.40, UniflashRE v.47re build 09, but no one recognize my MX25L8005 nor my chipset (GeForce 6100 / nForce 430)! After many many tries, I Hot Flash my MX25L8005 with the GA-M61PM-S2 bios file version F4! SGA-M61PM-S2 mobo with my MX25L8005 chip hot flashed with the GA-M61PM-S2 bios file and try to flash it with the GA-MA78GM-S2H bios file version F4 (1MB)! No results! Again my MX25L8005 chip is recognized like MX 25L4005 (512Kb bios capacity)! I try the AWDFLASH v8.93 with many parameters! It recognized my MX25L8005 like MX25L8005 chip, but write fail!! :(<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
                      GA-M61PM-S2
                      GA-M61PM-S2 mobo with my MX25L8005 chip flashed with GA-M61PM-S2 bios file version F4, enter Windows XP and try to run
                      Any suggestions??<o:p></o:p>
                      LSD can you help me??

Comment

Well, it does sound like your idea and method works great. But sadly, it sounds like you are going to have to buy a board with that exact chip on it like maybe a newer board.

Comment

Well, it does sound like your idea and method works great. But sadly, it sounds like you are going to have to buy a board with that exact chip on it like maybe a newer board.

Comment

I have no idea how to help other then you getting a board with the same chip really

Comment

Working...
                            X