EP45-DS3R reboot when ext drive is plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP45-DS3R reboot when ext drive is plug

Hello, I'm a newbie to this forum. I was googling on an issue with my new EP45-DS3R mobo and see a lot of good infomation in here on this mobo and sign up to this forum.
    I wonder if i can get some help.
    My set up is:
    EP45-DS3R WITH E7200
    ZALMAN 9700 w 4 G COSAIR XMS DHX 6400
    VGA MSI R3450
    RUNNING RAID 0 with two 40G hitachi HD IN SATA 0-1
    and a single sata 750 samsung HD IN SATA 4.
    Everything is at default and i have bios version F9.

MY issue here is that if my external seagate 500 pro is plug in, then it will reboot itself when it trying to post. If I unplug the ext drive, then it boot up fine with out issue.
    I need to get thru this phase and looking to OC this to 3.2-3.5
    Please help. thanks in advance

Re: EP45-DS3R reboot when ext drive is plug

Do you have Legacy USB Storage detect Enabled in the Integrated Peripherals Page of the BIOS? If not then you need to enable it. Do you have your ram voltage manually set?

Some external Disks just do not work, but you can test some things for sure before you decide if your's is or not.

You also may need to change your Boot Device order and Priority's to remove the USB device from the list if it is in the list. Do note there is two of these sections for this setting. Your normal First, Second, Third Boot device order and then your Hard Drive Boot Priority. Please check to be sure your device is not in either of those sections.

You may also actually Disable USB Legacy Support since you are having issues as the default is enabled. This could fix it if the above boot device settings do not. With that disabled you will still be able to use the device, it (And USB Sticks) will just not be detected at startup or be able to be used in DOS.

So if you do set this to disabled, and ever need to Qflash with USB stick, you will need to enable it again and unplug your Disk so you can flash with USB

Comment

thanks for the advance, i'm going to try to do this tonight and hopefully it would resolve my issue so i can start OC this setup. I will keep you posted as i know there are guys out there having the same issue. Hopefully this will help them too..
      thanks

Comment

Let us know how you get along with this and your findings

Comment

I did what you recommended and it was still the same issue. So i reset to load the optimized setting in the bios and when it reboot, my raid configuration was mess up. One of my HD that was set for raid is now a non-raid drive which we weird. I took the boad back to Micro-center and swap it out for the EP35-DS4 board. Most of the tech at micro center say look like the got a batch of bad ep45-ds3r board. They also heard or this reboot issue when the ext drive is plugged in during boot up.
          Anyway, i'm now running my e7200 with the ep35-ds4 and working fine. This board was also doing the same thing as the ep45-ds3r when the ext drive is plug in. I think i found the solution to this issue. I disabled the legacy USB in the Integrated Peripherals Page and my PC is booting up fine with my seagate plug in now.
          thanks for the help Lsdmeasap

Comment

Yes, whenever you load optimized defaults you MUST set your disk and RAID settings and boot device priority again BEFORE you load windows.

It was not the board at all, this will happen on any board you do that on. Always check your disk settings before you load windows after any flash or Loading of optimized as it will almost always have to be set again to your settings as the defaults are not RAID>

Glad to see your new board is working for you, but please do keep that in mind for next time you flash or load optimized. You have to set those disk settings again always.

Sorry to hear you switched boards, but at least you are happy now!

Comment

thanks for the great advice.

Comment

Anytime

Comment

Working...
                X