first time user with ep45 ds3l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: first time user with ep45 ds3l

lol i did it thanks for the help so after i flashed the computer like turned of ffor a few seconds then came back on then i went back into bios and load optimized defaults and then save and exit. thats correct right? and then i changed the dram voltag to 2.1 but the speed of the ram is still 800mhz when its suppose to be 1066mhz

Comment

bumpp

Comment

Originally posted by wutsup View Post
        lol i did it thanks for the help so after i flashed the computer like turned of ffor a few seconds then came back on then i went back into bios and load optimized defaults and then save and exit. thats correct right? and then i changed the dram voltag to 2.1 but the speed of the ram is still 800mhz when its suppose to be 1066mhz

Did you get the speed @ 1066? I am doing the same thing as we speak and mine fails to archive the 1066 settings.

Comment

i dont even know what to do in the bios thats why im asking

Comment

This is what I got from our Sticky

"DDR2 OverVoltage Control__ [+0.1] <-- default is 1.8V, 1.8 + 0.1V = 1.9V set this to add up to your ram's manufacturers stock voltage requirement. This example shows my Corsair XMS at 1.9V stock."

Comment

I'm at work now so I cant test this until I get home.

Comment

hey blayne what do i do to make my ram run at 1066 instead of 8000mhz?
                the system multiplier is confusing. right now it say 800 auto. and i know you should set it to standard instead of turbo and my Frontsidebus is running at 266 i have a q6600

Comment

Same reason I'm here. I followed the same steps you were told. Wanting to utilize the 1066 from the XMS2 TWIN2X4096-8500C5 I have 8 gigs I want to unleash I'll keep you posted.

Comment

You guys both need to set your ram voltage and then change the system memory mulltiplier to use 1066 speed on your ram. Which to choose depends on your FSB used.

If you have a 333 FSB this is what you would choose >>>>

DRAM Performance Control
                    Performance Enhance...................: [STANDARD]
                    Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.).....: Disabled
                    (G)MCH Frequency Latch...............: [Auto]
                    System Memory Multiplier ..............: 3.20B = 1066 (333 FSB X Memory Multi 3.20 =1066)

Comment

so for me i have 2x2gb ocz gold series 1066

i would set the dram voltage to 2.1 and then im running stock speeds with the q6600 so 266 x4.00A and what about the cas latency and stuff do i mannually set it to 5 6 6 18 or keep it on auto. and do i need to change the mch core voltage? yea thanks for replying to every reply lol and i saw your other reply on the other thread i replied. i said cpu z was only showing the memory at 533 mhz. but the Ram SPd was at 400mhz. thats normal right?

Comment

Set your main timings to what it says on the sticker of your ram. And set trfc to 52-62. And yes you likely will need 1.15-1.23 MCH voltage to get stable.

Comment

and after i do use will the cpu temp rise slighty? and the cpu Z ram speed is wrong right?

Comment

ok so i changed the settings so its 1066. but i didnt change the mch voltage and it booted up fine. what can i do to test it to make sure its stable

Comment

ok so now my fsb:dram ratio is 1:2? is that bad

Comment

1:2 is fine, you would need to run 533 FSB to run your ram at 1:1

Here is what you test with >>>
                                Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
                                X