Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-EP45-UD3P and 8 gig Corsair dominator 4x2gig 8500C5DF

from this quote ..

I Have not personally tested on any of the UD3 model boards so I cannot comment for sure about ram compatibility but I can say the new Crucials (2.0V type) should be fine as I am testing them right now on P45 without issue (4x1 and 2x2, both will do 1200+)

i just also order 8 gig of this ... going to build another one for the kid... just wait for black friday sale on CPU then i am set ... i think i just want a dual core.. and probably pick up another UD3P .. neweggs on sale now for $99 after rebate + free shipping

Comment

Ya, they do have some good deals on those UD3 models at newegg! I have thought about getting me one a few times, but just was not sure since I have P45 already, and they do not make a UD4 or UD6 (Or whatever the DS4 and DQ6 equivalent would be)

That ram is for sure good! I need to get my review of it put up!

Comment

got my crucial BALISTIX 2.0v .... this thing is great ... put all 8 gig in ... adjust timing lower ... and pass memtest 5 pass ... run in everest only little lower than dominator ... hehehe .. save $160 ... yeahhhh .. will tinker with it ... and probably in couple of day when i got something good then will ask for help tighting the ram timing ...

right now i'm at 940 ...and that is 1:1 .. not bad ... one thing i notice ... in the CPUZ .. the SPD even have the 500MHZ setting for this ram ... i guess i can do over 1,000 easy

BTW.. should i start a new post because no longer dominator ... just want keep thing clean .... lot of tuff i did and try probably can help some one else ... hehehe
        Last edited by godto; 11-29-2008, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Ya they do have two EPP profiles in the SPD chip (800 and 100). I have ran them up to 1200 so far

I dont mind, you can post here or a new thread if you want

Comment

what setting do i need to get it close to 1200 ??? .... my other option is i think 1145 or some thing close to that ... what setting do i need ?? want to try that out. ... thanksssssssss
            i'm on 400 ...2.0D ..... any other will not post ... 333 don't post at all

Comment

Hmm, well I am not sure.. And sadly I do not have that BIOS installed that I am testing the Crucial on right now as I have them in my P35 board.

I do have this screenshot of 1200, but no memset open so I could not say for sure what subtimings or voltages I used. >>>

But they will do it for sure, as you can see I was outside the 2.0V warrantied amount (2.19V was used in this image but it may have worked with less? That was just a quick test for a user who asked). But no one can tell how much you use unless you actually Burn something which you wont do anyway

1145 should be a little bit easier

Comment

guess what ... remember the problem i had that can't boot with 2 ram and have to use 1 to start .... i change RMA the mother board .. got a new one and this problem is gone ... so i guess it's the mother board problem . ... also ... my last board ... the cpu need 1.400 vcore to run 3.76 ....
                and now 1.350 to run 3.82 ... and i'm testing and trying to lower it.

so probably the mother board problem ... and seem like this problem happen alot ... i seen it every where.

i now able to use either 333 or 400 trap ... as before only 400 trap.
                any sugestion for ram setting 333 .. 2.40b = 1080 or 400.. 2.6d = (1100 something.. don't remember) ..i try and can't keep getting bios reset... but for no .. i just get my OC first ...
                when ever you have a change .. post some memset setting for crucial balistic for 1080 and 1100 something .... so i can have some thing to base on and try.... thanksssss

Comment

Well let me see what you are using now and I can advise

Comment

Working...
                  X