Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP45T-DS3R back panel connector plate needed

Hi, folks,
    New to Gigabyte boards (refugee from ASUS, fwiw), and we've done something silly (long story) and have lost the back panel connector plate to the new mobo. Anybody know if it's possible to order these from Gigabyte?

A very nice person over on the Tom's hardware forum provided very detailed suggestions / instructions on possible ways to create a new one, EP45T-DS3R back panel connector plate

In the meantime we bought a second mobo so that we could proceed with the first system build, but now we'd like to start on the the second one.

Any suggestions on how to obtain a new connector plate from Gigabyte would be very welcome.

<strong gnashing of teeth in background...>

Re: EP45T-DS3R back panel connector plate needed

I would say to ask this ebay seller >>>
    eBay My World - roussakis2007

See his add >>>

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME LOOKING FOR THE CORRECT BACKPLATE FOR YOUR MOTHERBOARD.

SEND US AN EMAIL REPORTING THE MODEL NUMBER OF THE MOTHERBOARD AND WE WILL CHECK IF IT'S AVAILIABLE.

DO NOT HESITATE TO ASK US IF YOU WANT ANY OTHER PERIPHERAL FROM ANY MOTHERBOARD.

WE ARE SPECIALIZED FOR ASUS AND GIGABYTE.
    One Item, not the correct one though just a listing for "Any"
    ASUS GIGABYTE ANY BRAND BACKPLATE I/O SHIELD PANEL - eBay (item 130264800514 end time Nov-24-08 23:20:42 PST)

If you can find one for any similar board/revision most of them look to be the same, such as mine is the same (EP45-DS4P)

They also note at the bottom of this page to contact them for a order if item is not listed >>>
    I/O Shield | I/O Shield Motherboards | I/O Shield Motherboards | I O Shield ASUS,Biostar, DFI ,EVGA ,FOXCONN ,GIGABYTE, Intel or MSI motherboard I/O Shield

Gigabyte will likely ship you one for $5-10 as well, have you contacted them over the phone? If not you should, I have heard a few who have and got one shipped to them

I would call them up for sure! Here is thee phone # for you in California >>>
    GIGABYTE

Comment

Success! With your encouragement I tried the Gigabyte phone # again, and was finally able to order a new connector plate today. [Several earlier phone calls had not been promising, but going through their operator proved to be the key to getting to the correct dept.]

Thank you for your reply, and for your invaluable contributions through the forum -- you're a star :-))

Comment

Nice to see you got your part! Did they charge you, and if so how much? Just for future reference

Thanks for your kind words!

Comment

The back connector plate was $3, plus $6 shipping (in U.S.). Very pleasant order desk person (did "0" for operator and then asked to order a part, they put me through to the RMA dept.)

The RMA dept's outgoing e-mail was having a problem, it just wouldn't send the form -- 3 different addresses, 5 tries, over 2 days (none of the tries have arrived) -- I finally asked if they could send the order form via fax.

Comment

Great to hear, that is a decent price for the part and shipping as well.

Thanks for letting us know the price, post back and let us know how long delivery was

Comment

WOW! The back connector plate arrived today via USPS, (ordered on Thurs. 6th, arrived on Mon. 10th) so that was just 1-day turnaround from Gigabyte, what a fantastic response, I'm absolutely amazed.

Very, very happy campers.

Comment

Great to hear! Thanks for posting back about it

Comment

Working...
                X