GA-MA78GM-S2H problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-MA78GM-S2H problem

I need some help if possible, i'm new to pc building so please go easy on me

My build is :

GA-MA78GM-S2H
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4850e
    Samsung SpinPoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB Hard Drive SATAII *32MB Cache
    Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium -SP1 32bit
    Corsair 4GB (2x2GB) DDR2 800MHz/PC2-6400 XMS2 DHX Memory Non-ECC Unbuffered CL4(4-4-4-12)

Ok in short i seem to have problem that i keep on getting corrupted hard drive, almost identical prob as another person on another forum
    GA-MA78GM-S2H Strange problem - PC Perspective Forums

I have tried reparing OS as it says when message comes up to do so but when go to repair it says nothing to repair. Have run memory test and no faults there, have tried changing sata cable and still get same problem. Really want to get this sorted so any kind of help would be extremely apprecated

Re: GA-MA78GM-S2H problem

Raise your trfc (Refresh to act delay) to 327ns and manually set your ram voltage.

How are you trying this "Repair" Have you ram this command? >>>
    sfc /scannow
    And this >>>
    chkdsk /x /f
    And what are you testing your ram with? I suggest you test with this (And this version) >>>
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      Raise your trfc (Refresh to act delay) to 327ns and manually set your ram voltage.

How are you trying this "Repair" Have you ram this command? >>>

And this >>>

And what are you testing your ram with? I suggest you test with this (And this version) >>>
      Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
      Have already set ram voltage to 2.1 v, but will raise trfc as you have advised(i'll take it thats its in bios)....hopefully it works

Have not tried those commands, do i do them in command prompt ???
      Have tried memtest86-3.4a.iso to test ram, will try one you have posted.

Thank you very much for your help, i'm n00b to all this so learning as go along

Comment

Hsve changed both ram sticks to 327ns and run
        sfc /scannow
        and
        chkdsk /x /f.
        First one came back all clear and second one went to quick didnt see any faults.
        Now gonna run memtest , what version should i use as that page has many different ones, also should i test i ram stick at the time ??

Comment

anybody please

Comment

Second one you must run in a command window, not in the run box. Hit the windows Key + R then type cmd, and then put the command in that window. It will then ask you if you want to force handles open say yes, then it will ask you about on next reboot say yes and reboot and the scan will be ran

Memtest86+ use version 2.01

Comment

Still having problems, get all sort of messages...files missing/corrupt. Check sum is wrong , have updated biso to F5. I got funny feeling its my ram timings, have at at this :

MB Intellegent Tweaker

DRAM Configuration = Enter

tCL (CAS Latency) = 4T
              1T/2T Command Timing = 2T
              tRCD (RAS to CAS R/W Delay) = 4T
              tRP (Row Precharge Time) = 4
              tRAS (Minimum RAS Active Time) = 12

Leave all other Memory Timings to Auto

CPU Clock Ratio = 12.5X
              CPU Host Clock Control = Manual
              CPU Frequency (MHz) = 200
              Set Memory Clock = DDR 800

System Voltage Control = Auto
              CPU Voltage Control = Auto
              DDR2 Voltage Control = +.3v
              CPU Spread Spectrum : Enabled

Does this look right, also is there any other settings i should look at

Comment

Try spread spectrum disabled
                Do you have a memory controller voltage or anything like that, if so add some to it.

And try 195 and 327ns again

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
                  Try spread spectrum disabled
                  Do you have a memory controller voltage or anything like that, if so add some to it.

And try 195 and 327ns again
                  Thank you Lsdmeasap for your responce

Have tried 327ns but still have same problem, have also increased NB voltage as well.Have not tried 195ns but will, also regarding spread spectrum - could not find that setting in bios

I'm really sorry to be a pain but this is really bugging me now. When i do log in pc work like a dream but getting past all those errors evey time is crazy. Funny thing is that once i'm logged in i can restart the machine and it boots up perfectly fine .

If i dont get it sorted soon think i'm gonna have to take it to my local pc for a health check

Comment

Hmm, if you are using the latest BIOS did you load and apply optimized defaults after you flashed? If not you must.

If you still do not see it, then try the hotkey. On the MAIN page of the BIOS hit control + F1 then go into the MIT section and see if you can find it. It may also be in advanced settings, I am not sure about AMD's

Good luck with your continued tests and whatever you decide to do

Comment

@ oggiet:

I see you have 2x2 GB sticks of RAM. Have you tried taking one out and working with just one stick and see how the system responds?

Comment

Originally posted by MyJoy View Post
                        @ oggiet:

I see you have 2x2 GB sticks of RAM. Have you tried taking one out and working with just one stick and see how the system responds?
                        Yes have tried that and still same, done everything...latest bios with optimised

ps. fellow croatian here,was born there now living in london

Comment

Quick question , in Qflash if i disable DMI thing how do i save it as that ???

Comment

Which power supply are you using?
                            Have you assembled this system yourself, are you familiar with the procedure? If nothnig else works, start over, take your time, take everything apart and start from there, who knows maybe you missed something (maybe something isn't plugged right, power cables or ram sticks). Check your power supply cables, check your ram. You sure know that the problems are usually caused by the silliest things.
                            If I was you I would try another ram brand, borrow from a friend (try G.Skill or A-Data). When you reinstall your Windows, do a full format, not quick format, no reapair.
                            Those little Gremlins that live in our mobos sure are annoying sometimes aren't they ;-)

And yes, Pozdrav iz Hrvatske!

Comment

Originally posted by MyJoy View Post
                              Which power supply are you using?
                              Have you assembled this system yourself, are you familiar with the procedure? If nothnig else works, start over, take your time, take everything apart and start from there, who knows maybe you missed something (maybe something isn't plugged right, power cables or ram sticks). Check your power supply cables, check your ram. You sure know that the problems are usually caused by the silliest things.
                              If I was you I would try another ram brand, borrow from a friend (try G.Skill or A-Data). When you reinstall your Windows, do a full format, not quick format, no reapair.
                              Those little Gremlins that live in our mobos sure are annoying sometimes aren't they ;-)

And yes, Pozdrav iz Hrvatske!
                              Here is power supply FSP >> PC Power Supply >> TFX 12V ver. 2.1 >> FSP300-xxLD

If i could get higher power one i would , but can find anything above 300.
                              Thanks will take apart and rebuild.....hopefully i get some luck going

Comment

Working...
                              X