X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display issue

Hi people

My first post here, unfortunately it's about an issue. :(

Now I am not 100% sure if it is a gigabyte one, so please just hear me out and then go from there.

Basically, I am getting no display on my monitor when I try and boot up.

I have recently purchased a Gigabyte EP45-DS3 mobo. Now, I have tried to put an older gfx card into the pci-e slot, and it showed display. I have taken my normal gfx card out, an 8800GTS Inon 320mb and tried it in a different machine, and it shows display.

I have changed ram, psu's, dvi cables, power cables, pci-e cables from the psu to the card, tried different monitors, all to no avail.

Now, when I boot up it appears to start up as per normal, there is nothing that indicates there is another issue. Also, as I used the previous card and it showed the bios screen there isn't an issue there.

However, as the the DS3's don't have onboard video, I have no way of finding out whether it is a possible bios issue or not.

Can anyone help me or point me in the right direction? I have absolutely no idea what to do and am just wanting to cry now, lol.

Re: Display issue

So let me get this straight. You can use a older card with no issues right? But a newer card will not work at all?

What CPU do you have? I ask this because if you cannot use either card (Sorry you lost me I think) then you may need to update your BIOS.

Please post your ram and PSU as well so I can know more about what all we are talking about.

Are you sure your PSU has enough Amps on the 12V rail for your newer card and your system?

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
      So let me get this straight. You can use a older card with no issues right? But a newer card will not work at all?

What CPU do you have? I ask this because if you cannot use either card (Sorry you lost me I think) then you may need to update your BIOS.

Please post your ram and PSU as well so I can know more about what all we are talking about.

Are you sure your PSU has enough Amps on the 12V rail for your newer card and your system?
      That is correct, I can use a 5900 without an issue, but cannot use my 8800 GTS.

I have a Conroe e6400, I have 4gb of RAM but at the moment am only using 1GB (1 stick). It is Kingston, KVR 667DDr2, it is also the same ram that was used for the 5900. PSU is a Thermaltake TR2 RX 550w.

But the thing is, how can I update my bios if I can't ever access the screen to do so?

Comment

Use the 5900 to update your BIOS. But I dont think that is the problem, although it could be

Are you sure that PSU have enough Amps on the 12V Rail for your card and system?

Can you test this card in another system to be sure it is not DOA?

Comment

I've tested the 8800 in another mates computer, and it worked ok.

It also formerly worked on my other PSU, both of which were 550w's.

Comment

Hmm, well I guess it could be the BIOS then maybe? Use the 5900 to update the BIOS with, do NOT USE @BIOS >>>

Comment

Working...
            X