Need Help Overclocking E8400 + GA-EP45-DS3R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Need Help Overclocking E8400 + GA-EP45-DS3R

The most important info in the link turned out to be that for the P45 chip, the common practice of bumping MCHcore a little for stability is a bad idea! The article hinted that adding voltage to the north bridge actually can have destabilizing effects. Sure enough, I went back to 1.1V on the north bridge, and went for 3.8 with (G)MCH latch at 400, and all the memory timings loose. I'm currently at 10 minutes Prime95 small FFTS (as I write). 1.3625 and 1.36875 in the BIOS both registered as 1.31V (Hardware Monitor, CPU-z and Speedfan) Vcore, and 1.375V (BIOS) jumped me to 1.33V actual. It might not be stable yet, but I the fact that I'm posting (and so is my machine) means I'm close. I'm at (a little above) my target voltage, so if I have some stability issues, I'll start moving MCH core up again, and perhaps mess with the skew. Then it is time to tighten the timings again.

Thanks again LSDmeASAP...your many posts and guides got me to 3.6 (hours of memtest and Prime95 stability), and your response has got me to where I want to be. Your guide on memory timings and Memset should be invaluable in tightening up once I get stable. The generous donation of your time is much appreciated.
    Last edited by Edisto; 11-06-2008, 10:11 AM. Reason: correct typo

Comment

Re: Need Help Overclocking E8400 + GA-EP45-DS3R

Nice to hear it, I am going to have to test that when I get some time!

Thanks as well for your kind words! Happy overclocking!

Comment

Working...
      X