GA-EP45-DQ6 Random Boot Loops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45-DQ6 Random Boot Loops

I'm writing in search of help for the problem I'm having with my GA-EP45-DQ6 board. The problem is that my system goes into endless reset loops randomly when booting up or coming out of standby. I have no resets while the system is up and running. It doesn't happen every time I restart or go out of standby but it happens often enough to be a major problem.
    My system components are as follows and I do not overclock anything
    CPU: Intel Celeron Dual Core E1400 (s775/2 GHZ)
    M/B: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DQ6 rev. 1.0 (Intel P45 + ICH10R)
    RAM: Team Group Elite 2GB (2x1) DDRII 800MHz (5-5-5-15) (TEDD2048M800HC5DC) (Team Group Inc)
    PSU: Corsair VX550w (550w)
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS/256MB (GV-NX84G256H)
    I've come to think that this a motherboard problem because I tried with 2 different hard drives running different OS (one with Windows Home Server and one with WinXP clean install), different psu (an enermax 1000w), different bios version (F5 & F12) and got the same problem every time. I tested my memory modules with memtest and they showed no errors after 8 passes.
    I also tried in M.I.T. setting Performance Enhance under DRAM Performance Control to Standard and DRAM voltage manually to 1.8V but my problem remained.
    Please help.
    Here are the default M.I.T. settings

Re: GA-EP45-DQ6 Random Boot Loops

Well first off, when you flash your BIOS do you do it properly? You have to flash and then go in the BIOS and load optimized defaults and save and apply/reboot back to the BIOS and then make your disk changes again and all other settings you wish to change. If you do not load optimized and save/apply/reboot the BIOS would not be properly updated. Which would leave out hidden things that should be fixing your sleep issue with the latest BIOS

So, you should again use the latest BIOS F12 (And DO NOT USE @BIOS to flash) >>>

Your BIOS page
    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-EP45-DQ6 (rev. 1.0)

As for your settings, I would manually set the ram voltage to 1.9, and put performance enhance on turbo, and add maybe .5 to MCH voltage for stability. Many settings in Auto for sure are not best, but with no overclock you should be ok to resume from sleep with the above changes. You may need to manually set the ram timings, all of them as Often Auto will use incorrect values but we will get into that later if need be.

So please do update the BIOS again properly and see if that fixes things, if not you will need to at least set the things I suggested. You bought a $250-300 board to not overclock? Just asking....

Hey, this XP install it was SP2 or Sp3 at least correct, and you have the Intel Chipset Drivers installed right?

Comment

Working...
    X