Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-73PVM-S2 F1 failure after BIOS upgrade

Dear Gigabyte Team

This past Friday I buildup my new PC, I got and GA-73PVM-S2 with a Inter Dual core E6400 @2.4.after building it installing windows and the such, I noticed the Bios wasn't recognizing my CPU, the Bios version was F1. After all drivers installed I decided to go to the official website and download the @BIOS utility and updated bios, I downloaded the F2. I restart down my PC and went into the bios and disable the hyper threading and reboot into windows. loaded the utility and Bios upgrade went up to 50 % and an error occurred. I rebooted my PC and no post, nothing, no keyboard,no monitor justa black screen all fans working. :( , I have updated many Gigabytes MOBO's. but this is to say at least.... Sad. Anyone able to help? Thanks to all

Re: GA-73PVM-S2 F1 failure after BIOS upgrade

Please see here for how to clear the CMOS >>>

If that does not help you, I will tell you a few more ways to try and attempt to clear it. But as you now know, DO NOT USE @BIOS or any windows based BIOS Flash utility to update your BIOS on any board.

Especially with one having issues such as you descirbe, it for sure was not stable enough to be trying that. But it is always suggested against.

You may have to RMA the board if you cannot get the CMOS to clear

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to answer: this is what I did.

I followed all the steps on the guide you told me and nothing:

Floppy drive was not set as a primary so its no use,

I Make a bootable USB drive with all the programs, no luck, usb drive don't boot

I clear the CMOS as per said on the guide and no luck.

Unpluged all modular devices and nothing.

You mentioned you had other stuff for me to try out thanks in advance for the help, its rather frustrating the @bios software is still on the website if it causes so many issues.

Thanks

Comment

Ya, USB bootable is for people with USB issue to flash with, and you cannot use any method such as that to recover your BIOS only floopy for that

Try this to clear the CMOS

Unplug the PSU, remove all but one stick of ram in slot one. Remove the CMOS battery and put a IDE jumper on the Clear CMOS pin. Then hold in the Case Power button for about 1 minute to drain any remaining power from the board and PSU. Then let the system sit for 30-60 minutes. Then remove the jumper and put the battery back and plug the system in and see if it will start.

If no luck, I have one more thing you can try I will PM you before you will have to decide to RMA the board.

Comment

Thanks for the help, the vendor who sold me the board after noticing i wasn't online late at night, gave me a call and i told the truth about what happened , he came to my house and picked up the old one and gave me a new one. :) but still the Bios of this new one is F2 and it doesn't recognized the E4600. any ideas? do I have to update bios in sequence or I can just download the latest (F4b) and using Q-flash will help? thanks for your time

Comment

Nice!!

Ya, you can just flash to the latest BIOS no need to do in order. Yes use Qflash and NOT @BIOS.

I would suggest if your cpu is supported with the latest NON beta (F3) to use it, otherwise flash to F4b

Comment

Working...
            X