Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raid 0 configuration on a ga-x48t-dq6

hello!
    can anyoane help me with some instructions for making a ride 0 from bios on a MB GA-X48T-DQ6.
    i would like to see instructions step by step. i tried 3 times and simply didn't work .
    thx a lot

Re: raid 0 configuration on a ga-x48t-dq6

Plug your two Disks into the first two yellow ports.

You will need this driver on a Floppy for XP, USB stick for vista. In XP press F6 as soon as XP install starts, you will see this at the bottom of the screen. Vista you will load this driver at the disk screen where you are shown disks to install to. Use the Load Driver button. When you choose the driver to load after you let XP/Vista get the driver be sure you choose the one that says ICH10R and RAID not AHCI>>>

32bit
    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Driver Download

64bit
    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Driver Download

In the BIOS advanced Page set this

SATA RAID/AHCI Mode (Intel ICH9R Southbridge).............Set to RAID

Then reboot and push Control + I on the BIOS post screen (When you would normally pres Delete to enter the BIOS)

Once inside the RAID BIOS you should be set, you do have your manual right? If not, get it here and the RAID Setup instructions are at the back >>
    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Manual - GA-X48T-DQ6

I stopped my directions short there because I assume you got that part right, just needed the above info right? If not, let me know more what your issue is and I will advise you further

Comment

ok i create may raid it's all ok but..when i boot from cd my windows F6 is not responding windows keep loading and when it's about starting appears an error about chkdsk...it's driving me crazy i will give up with raid and install windows normally.
      thx a lot for the answer..:)

Comment

You may have memory settings issues. I would try it again with only one stick of ram installed and manually set the ram voltage

And use a PS/2 Keyboard, if you are using USB that may be why F6 is not letting you load the driver

Comment

Working...
        X