DS3R vs DS4 vs DQ6 regarding oc and performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS3R vs DS4 vs DQ6 regarding oc and performance

Last edited by goeasy; 10-21-2008, 03:33 AM.

Re: DS3R vs DS4 vs DQ5 regarding oc and performance

Ya, It sure is ok to post about builds!

Yeah a 8400 will do great, as would the others if you wanted to splurge for the extra multiplier's. If you do not plan to overclock too much then a 8400 will do you fine, most get 4Ghz out of them

Ep45-DS3R overclocks Dual Core just fine, have a look around the site you will see many user's have them and overclock just fine.

DS4/5 has a few more options as far as onboard connections and BIOS options, and the DQ6 and above have even more Options and connections/features as well as a quad BIOS as opposed to the Dual BIOS of the DS3/4.

If you would like a comparison page I can show you a newegg comparision page, or maybe a Gigabyte comparison page if I can get it to work

X48 if you want 2 x16 Lane PCIE, other then that get a P45. X48 also has far less OC options in the BIOS compared to the P45 boards

Comment

Thank you so much. I buy E8400 and GA-EP45-DS3R.

Comment

Hey, looks like you got it edited? I see the correct title, and it says you edited it.

So all good then now? I would suggest a DS4/DS4P if you have the extra Cash, but the DS3R is a great board as well

Comment

No, the title still says DQ5, should be DQ6. I have the cash and I think I get the new Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R, should be cooler than DS3R. Great help, you are! Thank you.

Comment

Re: DS3R vs DS4 vs DQ6 regarding oc and performance

Ahh, Ok. I see it now, and have changed it. I was looking at the title at the very top of the post, not the main title I guess. Anyhow, fixed now

Comment

Working...
            X