GA-EP35DS3L Onboard Audio Interference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP35DS3L Onboard Audio Interference

Getting really bad static when I move my mouse and when I'm loading large things such as levels in Crysis. Updated the drivers, muted the unnecessary output in the audio panel and still no go. So it is most definitely interfering with something in the motherboard/power supply. I have a Corsair 550VX PSU. Any solutions?

Re: GA-EP35DS3L Onboard Audio Interference

Have you tried moving your GFX card to the second slot?

You say updated drivers, which and why? I mean was it working good before or is this a new build.

Hopefully VorLonUK posts, he knows alot about this sound interference stuff I think. I think that is the user I mean (Post anyway VorLon, if it is not you so I know it isn't)

Comment

The original drivers worked fine but the static was there so I updated in hopes that it would get rid of it. I got the drivers from the Gigabyte website.

This board only has one slot unfortunately. But the GPU sits right on top of the front panel audio connector. I took it off and I still get static (I plug my headphones through the back anyways). I've been searching the web and it seems this is a widespread problem across many mobos. Someone mentioned some kind of magnetic ring that you loop around the end of the headphone wire. Most likely going to try that and see if it works.
      Last edited by l2p; 10-20-2008, 02:49 AM. Reason: adding which drivers

Comment

Ahh, Sorry about that second slot comment. Forgot that was a one slot'r

Well post back if you find out that fix works so others can maybe find it later

Comment

Will do, the sound is driving me nuts (like when someone scratches their nails on a chalkboard) so I am determined to get this fixed.

This is what I'm going to try hopefully it works.
          Last edited by l2p; 10-20-2008, 03:18 AM. Reason: Adding ferrite core link

Comment

Thanks, Where did you read this helps?

Comment

I read it on [H]ard forum. Upon further digging there are ferrite beads which are made specifically for cables. You can see them at the end of a lot of usb cables.

Last edited by l2p; 10-20-2008, 04:12 AM. Reason: better link

Comment

Ahh nice, Ill look around [H] and see if I can find it. You can link if you like

Comment

I totally forgot about this thread. I did solve the problem though. Adding the ferrite worked as well as removing the speaker plug from the motherboard. As to which solution is better? I took out the speaker because there is a slight chance you might lose a tiny bit of audio quality with the ferrite but I don't think it is noticeable unless you stack like 3-4 on top of each other.

Comment

Thanks for posting back about that! Maybe it will help someone sometime

Comment

Working...
                    X