EG45M-DS2H, igfxsrvc.exe high CPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EG45M-DS2H, igfxsrvc.exe high CPU

Hi, I just upgraded the Intel GMA driver software for Vista x64, and now the igfxsrvc.exe process is always running at close to 100% on one core, so on my dual core system it is running at 30% to 50% CPU utilization.

I used this driver:
    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Driver - GA-EG45M-DS2H (rev. 1.0)
    motherboard_driver_vga_intel_eaglelake_vista_x64.e xe
    Version is 7.15.10.1554
    Dated 2008/10/15

I updated the driver because I have had two instances where Vista reported that the display driver had to be restarted. The eventlog entries look like this:
    "Display driver igfx stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

Does anybody have a link to the previous version of the driver?
    Or does anybody know how to fix the high CPU usage?

P.

Re: EG45M-DS2H, igfxsrvc.exe high CPU

I would suggest you use system restore to go back to the previous driver

Sounds like you were pushing the onboard GFX to hard, right? I mean was this while you were trying to game or what? Maybe you need to start saving up for a GXF card?

Here is the older versions >>>
    intel drivers pour chipsets Graphiques

Many other things can cause this (the driver to stop responding I mean), are you overclocking at all? What CPU and ram do you have, and how much ram in what config?

And as for removing the service, you can remove the desktop menu for it >>>

And you can also go into services and stop it from being ran automatically, stop the service, and put on manual and apply.

You can also remove it from startup with this, as it is just the right click menu and tray icon to configure it and not needed at all to be running (Will be in Control Panel, 32bit Menu items once you install this >>>

Grab the first link and install it. You can disable all Intel Startup items, they do not need to run for you to use the driver. Just uncheck the boxes to disable them from startup
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 10-20-2008, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

The problem happens all the time, and is not associated with any graphics intensive tasks, and I don't need fast graphics, that is why I use this board with embedded graphics.

I turns out the culpret is not igfxsrvc.exe, but igfxpers.exe, started by an entry in the run key.

It seems that igfxsrvc.exe is an out of proc COM server, and igfxpers.exe is the client, and that igfxpers.exe keeps making COM calls at a high rate, probably an infinte loop.

As soon as I stopped igfxpers.exe, and removed it from the run key, all is well.

P.

Comment

Ya I was going to also suggest that but you did not mention it

Seems you got it all solved then right? If so, great! Post back anytime if you need help with anything else

Comment

Working...
        X