Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major Issues with new MA78GM-S2H

Hey all,
    I recently bought a S-Series GA-MA78GM-S2H motherboard to replace a biostar motherboard. I had a dual boot Ubuntu/XP home build, which worked fine (once I installed the drivers in Windows).

The system was working fine for about 2 days until I tried to use DVD shrink, which caused a major Windows error, which I had to fix with Win Repair. I figured my Windows needed a fresh start so I tried to re-install it. At first it looked like Windows was going to start, but it would do a hard restart. After a few attempts I finally got windows to install, but during the process it shut of power completely killing my power supply (a 650w I just bought). I assumed it must have been a faulty power supply so I borrowed my neighbor's spare, which crashed during a different part of the install, also killing this power supply.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be going on?

Re: Major Issues with new MA78GM-S2H

Sounds to me like you have a short somewhere on your board, inside your case, or behind the tray. I would suggest you get it out of your case, off the tray and try again and see if it works. If it does then you know you have a short somewhere. Make sure everything is FULLY plugged in and your Motherboard supports have washers between the board and supports, and washers between the screws on top and the board

Comment

Working...
    X