hello all
    i bught a new pc :
    mb-gigabyte ep45-ds3r
    cpu-intel@e8400
    2x1bg kingstone 800 ram
    8800 gt graphic card
    and the power supply is 350w >>
    my cpu temp is max 30-47 whit stock intel fan

the parts are less then a week old and i am geting my motherboard temp more then 50 degrees in like 1 hour , i even had it up to 58 degrees

is it ok ?
    or what do u think it is ?
    i'v not changed any settings in the bios or in easy tune 6

thx yuri

Re: temp issue whit ep45-ds3r

What are you looking at these temps with? Can you post a pic?

You may need to, if you feel up to it, replace the Thermal Paste under the NB. Sometimes it is far to much or far to little, or not fully covered. Or you can add a fan to your NB

Comment

ok picture : ImageShack - Hosting :: tempgy0.jpg
      i checked the temp whit easy tune 6 from the driver cd that came whit my mb and i tryed to use everest ultimate .

what do you mean :" if you feel up to it, replace the Thermal Paste under the NB. Sometimes it is far to much or far to little, or not fully covere " .
      sorry for the nood question

the temp on the pic was taken after pc working for like 40 min
      and i noticed that i get to 58 degrees when i play a game .
      might have any meaning ?

thx yuri
      Last edited by uro; 10-18-2008, 12:43 PM. Reason: info add

Comment

i have the same board, at first it was going up far to 55, now its not moving more than 48-51.(on idle nor on load)
        but i replaced my board, should get it tomorrow(the same DS3R) and tell u if my temps changed.

Comment

i see , thx Dweirdo

Comment

no problem :P it's not trouble for me just to check temps XD
            i hope i get my pc back tomorrow :(

Comment

It does seem warm to me, do you have good airflow thru your case? My P45 is 34-36C always, sometimes it hits 38C at load. But this does depend on ambients I suppose, mine are 70C, I think that is about 20-22C?

I meant to remove the NB and redo the thermal paste under it, maybe something you should not do since you did not get what I meant. It is a BARE Silicon Chip under there and if you do not be careful you will crack it

Comment

took my pc back, they were in sterss so they had no time to replace the board :<
                they said i can either wait or wait a week, or take it and give them back in a week so they will replace it.
                so i took it :P
                at least my temps are now 45, dont know why they change so dramatically.

Comment

Dweirdo i hope your temp will stay low xD
                  Lsdmeasap - when u said nb and ment northbridg i dident get then i looked for the word - i k now what u mean ;p
                  i dont want 2 tuch it right now -i'll wait till i get my self another power supply wht 550w and see if there is any change if not ill be looking for a plan .
                  thx both of u for the help .

Comment

this is not PSU problem, i have a descent PSU 625W ENERMAX MODULAR.
                    so i think it's maybe mobo problem,or maybe it's normal, when ill get the new board ill tell u.
                    and you welcome :P

Comment

Yes, Temp's have nothing to do with PSU (Normally) Unless it is frying something, which you would know if it was from your board only working for a few seconds.

Ya, Sorry I meant NB = NorthBridge. And as I said above a New PSU wont help your temps though

Comment

Working...
                      X