flashing problems. worse and worse.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flashing problems. worse and worse.

I am having similar memory compatibility problems that a lot of people have with the ga ep45 ds3r. No POSTing, reboot cycles, etc.

I managed to get to the qflash utility with some old samsung 512mb pc2 4200u ram. Just one stick. The thing is, when i tried to flash up to f10 the computer froze with just one progress 'tick' showing completion (it was during the reading bios prompt)

I had to reboot the computer.

It now freezes in the bios when I try to load optimized or fail safe settings.
    It freezes when I try to update the bios again.

I tried resetting cmos values, pulling out the battery to reset the values, etc.

I'm afraid I'm screwed. What did I do wrong? Has anyone had their computer freeze when trying to qflash? What can I do now?

Re: flashing problems. worse and worse.

Did you for sure have the correct BIOS for your model? If so can you please try clearing the CMOS with my method posted here >>>

You should see a black screen, with a CMOS CheckSum error after it is properly cleared, where you should choose last known good.

If you still cannot get this error, try clearing the CMOS like this. Unplug the PSU From the wall and press and Hold the Power button down for 1 minute, Put a Jumper on the Clear CMOS Pins, Remove the battery and let the system sit for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes, remove the Jumper, put the battery back in and plug your PSU into the wall. Now when you start your system you should get a black screen with a checksum error that allows you to choose several things. Choose last known good and let it reboot.

Then shut down and put in your other ram, load the BIOS and choose Load Optimized defaults and set your Ram voltage to the spec on your ram sticker (Normally 2.0-2.1), save and apply and reboot back to the BIOS to set any other changes you need to before loading windows (Like RAID Settings, you MUSt set them again if you use RAID)

By the way, what is your normal Memory and what config ie: 2x1/4x1 or 2x2? Please if you do get things going and want to flash, use only one of those sticks in slot one to flash

Comment

Working...
    X