Is GA-EP45-DS3L a problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is GA-EP45-DS3L a problem

You can get a used one on ebay for less then $5 normally. Or look in your basement/attic for a old PC you forgot about

ISO is for burning to CD and must be burnt differently then all other DATA. Here is how to burn a ISO >>>

Nero >>
    How to burn a ISO Image using NERO

Other's >>>
    How to Write ISO Files to CD

Or see here for many ways >>
    how to burn a ISO - Google Search

USB method

This is the USB Version you need >>>

You need to first make a USB Bootable Stick using the method posted here >>>

Then put the mt201.exe file also onto the USB Stick after you make it bootable. Do not add any missing files you may notice in the bootable USB version out of the system files download from that guide. Just make the USB per the directions and do not pay attention to what files you see that are missing in the USB stick afterwards they will cause memtest to not work if you add them in. See here where we found this out during testing (Especially see the last few posts) >>>

You do not need to set anything in the BIOS boot order or any of that. You do have to leave the USB stick in when you reboot and be sure Legacy USB Storage Detect is enabled in the BIOS first.

Then just hit F12 at boot time and choose Hdd or Hard Drive and then on the next page choose your USB Stick by name then once DOS loads and you get your prompt just type mt201.exe and Memtest86+ will start

Comment

Thanks Lsdmeasap

Comment

Anytime, let me know how you get along

Comment

Originally posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
          Anytime, let me know how you get along
          Hi, now Christmas is over I am going to get GA-EP45-DS3L mobo again, I wanted to get the bootable USB stick with Memtest ready first but I have trouble following directions & Gigabyte site has many choices of BIOS & I'm a bit dumb, would it be possible to write a step by step instruction?

Comment

Working...
          X