No announcement yet.

DES is turned off !! Press any key ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DES is turned off !! Press any key ...

Hi, I have just experienced the error trap which stops the boot process and leaves you locked out of OS...during startup sequence...
    Verifying DMI Pool Data…
    "Warning: DES is turned off!!! Please use DES application to turn it on again!"
    "Press any key to continue.."
    Press 'any' key but it doesn't respond, it just hangs there...
    GA-EP45-DQ6 (rev. 1.0)
    I believe removing the battery and resetting the CMOS works but is there any other way around this?
    Further to this: entering QFlash and selecting last known good allowed me to continue booting into the operating system ie press any key then worked. Removing the battery and/or resetting the CMOS in fact did not work for me.
    It is also possible this problem is solved by the latest BIOS F12 as this error occured to me using F11.
    Last edited by Joxyl; 10-14-2008, 11:24 PM. Reason: Updated information

Re: DES is turned off !! Press any key ...

Simple, all you need to do is uninstall DES once you are in the system

Comment

Just rollback bios e.g. through Q-flash (I tried version F6). Then uninstall DES from Windows. Finally update bios again. (I tried all this with GA-EP45-DS5)

Comment

I had this error as well. Clearing the CMOS (via jumper) failed to remedy the problem. I attempted to use Q-Flash directly (END key), though I couldn't move through the menu (USB keyboard?); I was successful in accessing Q-Flash through the Bios Menu, as was able to replace the BIOS and reboot into Windows.

Thanks for the advice.

Comment

Hi Iam having the same problem with the GA-EP45-DS4P but not as technically minded. I have been into the Q-Flash as suggested but only have 3 options
          Keep DMI data Enabled
          Update Bios from drive (when i press this it looks in the A drive which i dont have)
          Save bios to drive
          do you have any other suggestions please?

Comment

Originally posted by evenst3ph3n View Post
            Update Bios from drive (when i press this it looks in the A drive which i dont have)
            This is the option I used, though I saved the bios onto a flash drive, plugged it in, and uploaded it that way.

Comment

Hi sorry for the late reply just got back from holidays. I will give what you suggested a try.

Comment

I enabled the legacy support of the keyboard on my Gigabit X52 DS4 and it came to life again. I could press any key and it booted up as normal.

Comment

Working...
                X