X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ga-ep45--ds4 ram problems

Hello!!

Setup

*GA-EP45--DS4 rev 1.0 from Gigabyte with the latest bios (F9).
    *4x1024Mb DDR2 (Corsair Dominator CM2X1024-8500C5D 5-5-5-15 2,10V)
    *Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2,83Ghz 1333Mhz
    *Winfast PX8500 GT TDH 256mb

Now to the problem...
    When i have all the memory modules installed (4gb) bios says 1835008 is installed and windows XP says 1gb. The same thing happends if i install 3 modules (3gb).Sometimes i get no picture on my monitor at boot up with 3 and 4gb installed. But when im installing only 2gb of ram bios and windows get it to 2gb of ram.

*I have tested all ram modules and channels OK
    *Changed Volt from 1,8v to 2,10 and 2,20 No diffrent
    *In pair and not in pair

I have never seen anything like this on my other 2 Gigabyte motherboards.

Pleas help me out

Re: Ga-ep45--ds4 ram problems

Sounds pretty odd for sure. Have you added MCH Voltage, and set trfc manually?

Mind posting some pics of this, and your settings used?

Comment

Thx for tryin to help me out. I have to say that im kind of new to this. So i have no clue how to add MCH Voltage in the right ammount. About posting pictures i dont know how to copy/past from bios. hehe need help with that too

But i can tell u that i have talked to the store. And they say the same as u do "odd for sure"

Comment

Ahh you need MCH voltage set to 1.2-1.3 for 2x2GB and trfc of 52-62

You will have to use a camera to post images of the BIOS

Ill be back later tonight, I am on my way out the door now though

YA, it is ODD for sure, you may need a BIOS flash or to load optimized defaults again to fix it

Comment

Cellphone cam set it down to 3mp i hope u can see anything.Its 4x1gb not 2x2gb im using.2x2gb modules was out of stock
          trfc was 68 in auto.Now set to 62

Yeah u go out and have some fun...im not in a hurry its not my computer im trying to fix
          Attached Files

Comment

try changing your performance enhance setting to Standard, turning XMP off, setting the Frequency Latch to 333MHz and manually setting the System Memory Multiplier to 3.20... might help you get a bit more stable... also try changing the Command Rate to 2 and increasing the tRRD to 6-8 and the Static tRead to 10-12... hope that helps

Comment

Thx for all the help. I think i now know what the fault is. Its not the same version on the memorys first pair is V4.2 and the second is V5.1. A dude in the computer store have the same mobo and the same memory he had the same problem. So i hope its that simple.If not I WILL BE BACK ;) ..Just have w8 for the new memorys to arrive.

Comment

Rightly said above by bongwizard, for when you get some matching sticks. And ya that is likely your issue, mismatched ram does not work well at all together, so best to use just one set or the other for now until you get matched ones

Comment

Working...
                X