Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio issues with my GA-P35-DS3L

So, heres my real problem.

Whenever I use my microphone, whether its in msn messenger, or teamspeak, it doesn't just transmit my voice, it transmits my audio-out too! Even if my speakers are turned off; even if I have nothing plugged into any jack at all! I've tried re-installing my drivers, even tried a fresh install.

What the heck is going on here!? Its so weird and I can't fix it! I'm very worried its a hardware problem, I sure hope its not. Is there any way to tell? Is there any way to fix it if it is?

Thanks!

Re: Audio issues with my GA-P35-DS3L

Are you using the front panel to connect to the mic? If so you may have your Case wired up wrong, like some cases do not support HD audio, and some do not support AC'97. You will need to check this out against your case wiring diagram and the boards, and rewire it likely

If you do test with the mic plugged in the back and have the same issue then you have a driver problem. So please do test this, as well as your wiring for the front

Comment

I have the problem in the front and the back jacks. In fact, to eliminate the variable, I unhooked the front jacks for the time being and I'm still experiencing the issue (in the back jacks). Mind you, I don't need to have anything plugged in at all for the problem to exist. People on the other side will still hear my audio-out, even when I can't because I dont have speakers (or even my mic) plugged in, whether front or back.
      Last edited by Mervil; 10-12-2008, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Please go in safe mode and uninstall UUA sound driver and HD sound driver, and reboot back to safe mode. Then install this driver ONLY in safe mode again. >>>
        Realtek

Then boot back to normal windows, and when the Daemon/windows ask you to reinstall a driver for sound say no, and go into device manager and disabled the UUA device.

There is some more discussion about this here if you would like to see a more in depth "How-To" >>

Comment

Sorry to keep dragging this on. The link you gave me doesn't take me to any drivers, it takes me to a Hot Downloads page, and gives me links to 5 Datasheets for ALC56**, whatever the heck they are. I'm under the assumption that I need to download and install this HD Audio Codec Driver from RealTek (which is at v.R2.06 now), which is the file I downloaded and installed before which automatically installed the kb888111 patch.
          However, just to clarify things:
          1) Formatted drive and installed fresh copy of windows xp sp2
          2) Installed chipset drivers, rebooted
          3) Installed all other drivers on cd except audio, rebooted
          4) Loaded into Safe Mode, Installed R2.06 RealTek driver. Ignored several popups of Found New Hardware Wizard. Rebooted.
          5) Loaded into Safe Mode and cancelled one Found New Hardware Wizard popup.
          6) Went into Control Panel=>Add/Remove Programs to see if the driver file installed the kb888111 hotfix. It DID.
          7) Went into Device Manager and saw that one of the unknown devices was an Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus. Expanded System Devices and disabled both entries of Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definiton Audio, which caused the unknown Audio Device to dissappear.
          8) Uninstalled the Microsoft UAA drivers and installed the R2.06 RealTek drivers again. Rebooted
          9) Entered Safe Mode and received no Found New Hardware wizard popus. Went into device manager. It appeared that the previous unknown Audio Device was now just Unknown Device. After several moments, Found New Hardware wizard installed drivers for Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for HD Audio and asked me to restart, clicked no. Found New Hardware wizard popup also appeared, and I canceled it.
          10) Went into System Devices and disabled the two entries of Microsoft UAA Bus Drivers that were seemingly just installed without my permission.
          11) Rebooted into regular windows, no sound.
          I'll be installing wireless card drivers next, and then instant messenger so I can easily test my microphone. However, Im not able to do that at this time, I'll update later. Just figured I'd tell you I got this far, and I have no sound.

Comment

Heres an update, as I promised.
            My audio wasn't working after everything I did. I went into Device Manager and enabled one of the Microsoft UAA Bus Drivers. The one I enabled was the one that DIDN'T also enable some unknown audio device (I left that one disabled). I then restarted the computer, and when it came back to windows (normal mode), I had audio.
            After installing wireless card drivers and instant messenger, I then used the call function of MSN Messenger to be able to speak via microphone to the friend. After we were connected, I started to play a song via WMP and sure enough, she could hear it. I unplugged my mic and speakers from their respective jacks, and she could still hear it. So, problem NOT fixed.

Comment

what about this?

open up the windows volume control choose options/ properties/ adjust volume for recording/ hit ok. it is now the recording control select microphone.
              Last edited by ryan200; 10-13-2008, 12:39 AM.

Comment

Right, you do have your Mic enabled and configured properly right?

Comment

Well, I went into the settings and double-checked them. Everything was setup correctly. However, I fiddled with it anyway and changed things up. Sound stopped working of course, but when I put everything back to where it was supposed to be, the sound worked, but so does the mic now. That was too simple. All these long hours of tedium just for a stupid solution like that.... Gyall. I hate these things. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Nice! Glad to see you got it working, I was gonna have to come on over if you didn't!

Comment

Working...
                    X