Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just ordered the The Big, Bad Wolf

Yep.

I'm getting the C2D E8600 Wolfdale. Just finalized the order the order a few minutes ago. Gotta wait a couple of hours before I can go pick it up.

Read an article that someone had it successfully OC'd and tested at 5Ghz with air cooling!! 6.25Ghz with liquid nitro

Re: Just ordered the The Big, Bad Wolf

8400 would do the same, for less $$

But anyway, that is a great CPU and will get you MUCH further with less volts then your 6700, great choice!!

Comment

Wow.

This thing rocks!!

Cool as a cucumber too!!!

I also picked up an Antec 2000rpm PWR fan to replace the other fan that I had in the removable side panel(it ran around 11~1300rpm.). All my temps are at least 5~10c cooler.

Nice.

Looking foward to OC'ing this thing. The Everest numbers were quite impressive at stock speeds. I got a fine tuner for the CPU Multi now.

I still don't get the (#) in the Memory Multipllier for 1333 strapping. I know you (Lsdmeasap) said memory and CPU don't mean anything, but...
      I'll try OC'ing the FSB and see if I get it.

Comment

Nope.

Had it clocked to 533Mhz...still no(#).

Dag nabbit LOL.

I still think that it has got to have something to do with the memory...

The memory....brings up another question. According to Gigabyte's website my board supports up to DDR2 memory. The P35 chipset supports up to DDR3. Kinda confused about this. So can I or can I NOT run DDR3 memory on my system?? Or will the motherboard still see DDR3 as DDR2. HELP!!!!

Comment

Looks like the board only supports DDR2 just as you said. Just because the chipset is capible of handleing DDR3 is of no help if there is no place to put it. The two types of RAM will not fit in the same slot.
          Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Gotcha.

Comment

Take me a pic of your bios at 533, you should see the # strap for sure at anything above 333 FSB

You did load optimized defaults or flash to a newer BIOS and do so right?

Comment

Yes, I did load Optimized Defaults.

Yes, I did flash the BIOS to F9B (beta) a few days ago.

I'll have a pic set up in about 30 minutes.......

Comment

Here ya go.....

OOOPS
                  ***UPDATE***
                  I know I should have clicked the host up to 334Mhz....

Still the same results though...no (#) at all.

Even overclocked the host as high as it would go....same thing.

You thing it might be choosing the 1333 strap automatically??
                  Last edited by DavidDavisLeeSomething; 10-12-2008, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Ouch, I am sorry... Ya on dial up?

I do believe you, but just wanted to see for myself, no need if you are on dial up man!

Hey, A few days ago? You just got the CPU today, it has to be done again silly!!!

*EDIT*

Sorry I could not find the image I wanted!

You either have not flashed the BIOS/loaded Optimized defaults since you installed your New CPU, or you are just not choosing a Memory Multi with the correct symbol on it. I know you can choose with or without symbols

Post a image of your Memory Multiplier box open at 333 FSB, you should see all 3 symbols now
                    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 10-12-2008, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Ouch, I am sorry... Ya on dial up?
                      No...what ever gave you that idea. I gotz cable

I do believe you, but just wanted to see for myself, no need if you are on dial up man!
                      Yeah...I forgot it took longer than 30 minutes to make a panoramic pic.

Hey, A few days ago? You just got the CPU today, it has to be done again silly!!!
                      I gotta flash the BIOS Again??? Why??

*EDIT*

Wait for it
                      Wait for what?<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Comment

Ahh ok, ya the 30 minutes made me think you was uploading a pic that slow

See my edited post on page one. And no you do not need to flash again, but you DO HAVE TO load optimized defaults again when you put in a new CPU

Comment

I went ahead an re-flashed the BIOS anyways with FLASHSPI.exe on the floppy.

Rebooted, loaded Optimized Defaults, rebooted again...still no (#).

Comment

Pic of 333 FSB and memory Multiplier box open and fully scrolled or it isnt true

Comment

Pic of 333 FSB and memory Multiplier box open and fully scrolled or it isnt true
                              Memory Multi "box" open??

I thinks I knows what ya talkin about...hold on....

Okay....all the way up and all the way down:::

Last edited by DavidDavisLeeSomething; 10-12-2008, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X