Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is EP45-DS3R SATA RAID 0 + SATA DVD compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is EP45-DS3R SATA RAID 0 + SATA DVD compatible?

Last edited by Major Pita; 10-09-2008, 01:06 AM.

Re: is EP45-DS3R SATA RAID 0 + SATA DVD compatible?

i dont know if you'll be able to boot off the SATAII DVD drive, but if you reconnect it after you've installed your OS it'll work... no problem

Comment

Well, I've got bad news. I was able to install the OS from the DVD, but when I went to install the first application off another DVD the DVD I/O all but stopped... I suffered through the rest of the install, it did finish OK but from perfmon, it looks like the DVD is timing out, resetting, getting some IO, timing out, etc. not good.

I installed a PATA DVD from another box and now everything is fine, although it looks like this SATA DVD drive is worthless unless I want to get another SATA controller or go back to non-raid...

My guess is that there is a bug in the firmware in the microcontroller, and that it probably effects ICH8/9/10R botherboards, not just gigabyte. But this is only a guess.

Comment

what version of the RAID driver do you have? you might wanna consider upgrading to the newer version which you can get here

GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Driver - GA-EP45-DS3R (rev. 1.0)

I doubt that will fix anything, but its worth a try. Also, which SATA ports have you got each device connected to? Try connecting the optical drive to SATA_4 or _5 with the RAID components on SATA_0-3

I'm not sure why this isn't working for you, because it sounds similar to the setup i've got and its working without a hitch

EDIT: Wait a second... i just reread the first post... try putting your optical drive in the last SATA port
        Last edited by BongWizard; 10-09-2008, 05:44 PM.

Comment

It should work fine in Port 4 or 5, those being on the furthest left

And to boot from CD, you need to use the F12 And pick the CD drive. Is that how you tried it?

Disk Boot Failure like you mentioned means your RAID is not setup yet is all, or not set as first boot device. You don't want your CD player set as first, use F12 to boot from CD
          Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 10-09-2008, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X