Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do I need This New Driver Ver For X48-DS4 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I need This New Driver Ver For X48-DS4 ?

I was checking Gigabyte USA for any new driver releases & saw this:

Intel ICH9R/ICH10R SATA RAID Driver

I do not use any type of RAID & do not plan to. Is this driver just for RAID related stuff or does it include more general updates related to my c/s ?

Thanks

Re: Do I need This New Driver Ver For X48-DS4 ?

I could be wrong, but I don't think you need it. I did not download it and my internal SATA hard drive on my X48-DS4 works just fine.

Comment

Yeah I really don't like upgrading if it's not necessary. Why fix something that aint broke...that's my motto.

I was not having any obvious problems with my F1 bios but F2 made some revisions that had to do with my cpu so I upgraded to it. Always make me nervous doing a bios flash but LSD's faq on it made things easy.

Comment

If you do not use RAID or AHCI then no, and even if you do use either you would not "Need" to update them, but you could if you wanted.

What you should update regularly is chipset drivers though >>>
        Download Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility 9.0.0.1011 - The Intel Chipset Software Installation Utility installs Windows* INF files to the target system - Softpedia

Comment

Great. I grabbed the latest chipset driver.

Wonder if I should load my "default" bios profile (right now i'm o/c'ed) before chipset driver install ?

Thanks.

Comment

Na, no need to do all of that. It will just update a few inf drivers

Comment

Ok thanks !

Comment

Working...
              X