Gb boot screen utility?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gb boot screen utility?

Was wondering if, like a lot of manufacturers, Gb makes available (somewhere - I haven't been able to find one) a utility to change the BIOS boot screen image?

Came across these:

& haven't been able to quit laughing long enough to pick one!

Would like to avoid doing manual neurosurgery with a butterknife to my BIOS (but then, of course, I could turn on ALL the 'locked' BIOS menus, and REALLY give myself the opportunity to screw things up beyond all hope of recognition! ;)

Re: Gb boot screen utility?

Yes, try the Face-Wizard program found in your Gigabyte motherboard chipset utilities CD.
    If missing in the CD download a copy here.
    Last edited by svcglobal; 10-04-2008, 12:53 PM.
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

Thanks ever so much for getting back to me so quick - I'll have GREAT FUN with this!

Comment

Here is some info I have posted in the past about this incase you have issues >>>

Face Wizard Images 2

Comment

All I can say (besides thanks for the info) is that I'm staggered - your 'sapphire' image is dynamite.

Comment

Thanks, you can use it for sure if you like. Which did you like best? I still have several versions on my hard drive that I did not post as well. Too Bad you cannot use Jpeg or PNG, then I could make some awesome ones. Maybe even gif at least, BMP sucks to make a good image in

If not, please do post any images you make that you care to share so I may link others here later when asked

Comment

Hello to everybody!

I tried to use Face Wizard and the result was great but thereafter I wanted to come back to the original configuration and I couldn't.
              So I did an update of the bios and hopefully everything came back to normal.
              I am trying now to make a backup of the original configuration but it is not possible...So my question is: how is it possible to come back to the original one, once you put a custom image on your bios splash screen?

Thanks

Comment

I think you have to reflash the original BIOS to go back. In Face Wizard there is the Save option, you do that first before changing the image, then to restore you load the file into @BIOS and flash.

Btw, i don't like Windows-based flashers either, but @BIOS never gave me any trouble. And i just noticed Face Wizard now, i used to have an old HP machine which i would change the POST screen on like every couple weeks. I haven't done gfx in a while and i feel like doing some, so maybe you'll see some nice screens from me. :)

Edit: How about this as the render for a new BIOS logo? And if you got the eye try to notice what i edited out.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Th3_uN1Qu3; 04-05-2009, 10:35 AM. Reason: added pic
                Pro hardware technician for PC, Laptop and Sound equipment.

Comment

Yeap, you can safely use @BIOS to save your current BIOS to disk.

As said above though, flashing with @BIOS is not suggested. I suggest you use Qflash to flash your BIOS >>

Comment

Unfortunately the save option won't work because if you ask Face Wizard to read the on board bios image it won't give you any result, so it won't be possible thereafter to save a non existing image, or isn't it like this?
                    Nice pic Th3_uN1Qu3 but I couldn't get what you edited...
                    So finally, if I got it right, the only way to come back to the original POST is to flash the bios again?

Comment

I suggested to use @BIOS to save your BIOS to disk, not Facewizard.

But, both will save BIOS to disk, you just have to load a BIOS into facewizard first then it will save. If you are just wanting to save a unedited (No custom image added) BIOS image with your Profiles/settings then just use @BIOS

Yes, you can just flash your BIOS again with a normal BIOS using Qflash and you will have the original Image back.

If you mean the original Splash image back in the BIOS, yes just flash back an original BIOS. Or if you would like tell me the board model and I can give you the splash Image from the original BIOS and you can add that back in with Facewizard, but I'd suggest you just reflash with a original BIOS using Qflash.

Comment

My MB is a GA-MA78GM-S2H.
                        Yes, no problem with saving the Bios to disk. Maybe the problem comes from the fact that I find strange that it wasn't possible to make a sort of "backup" image of the original POST screen with Facewizard and that the only way to come back to it, once I have already changed it, is to flash the Bios again.
                        I putted a nice car image before but I didn't like that I couldn't read anymore my pc detecting the devices, so I tried to put a more transparent image but nothing changed. It appears that once you put a new image on your POST, you won't be able anymore to see the pc detecting the devices, and I don't like this...

Comment

In the BIOS there is an option called "Full Screen Logo Show". Set it to Disabled and tada, your boring text screen is back.

Seriously, first time i got the board the logo was the first setting that i disabled. But now i feel like having it back, so expect that screen finished soon.

PS. What i edited out of that pic were the card model and memory size on the box.

Comment

Here it is, i have a little more work to do on it but for anyone in a hurry, i'm uploading it like this. Use the attached file not the ImageShack pic, it is for preview purposes only.

Your BIOS screen should look exactly like that, no worse. If you ask me how i decreased depth to 256 colors without noticeable color degradation, shhh, it's a secret.

Edit: If you're getting the "out of space" error let me know.
                            Edit 2: I'm not sure whether i will finish the screen since Face Wizard hates me... It gives me "Flash BIOS Failed". Fortunately i dumped the ROM beforehand, then also dumped it with @BIOS after the Face Wizard error, and compared the two. Nothing has actually changed in the BIOS contents, but still, that error gave me the chills. I DO NOT want to end up with a dead board.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by Th3_uN1Qu3; 04-07-2009, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
                              In the BIOS there is an option called "Full Screen Logo Show". Set it to Disabled and tada, your boring text screen is back.
                              Coooooooooooool, please tell me where I can disable it cause I checked all the bios menu and didn't find it! (maybe because on my board there's no logo but only text)

Boring text screen...LOL

Originally posted by Th3_uN1Qu3 View Post
                              Seriously, first time i got the board the logo was the first setting that i disabled. But now i feel like having it back, so expect that screen finished soon.

PS. What i edited out of that pic were the card model and memory size on the box.
                              I see, but it was a too small detail...

Comment

Working...
                              X