Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best RAM for EP45-DS4

Hello

I am looking at buying this mobo and want to know which RAM would be the best, in performance but also to work straight out of the box.

From what I see, if you buy corsair dominator 1066 or OCZ 4GB Kit (2x2GB) DDR2 1066MHz/PC2-8500 Reaper Memory HPC Edition Dual you would have to change normal set voltage to 2.1 from the standard mobo set voltage of 1.8v, is that correct? If this is so how would one get it to boot up in the first place to get into BIOS, so I am worried this might be too much for me, a first time PC builder.

Is there a simple memory but still giving near enough the same performance? I do into to overclock CPU later, so memory should easy to handle that as well.
    Suggestions welcome.

cheers

krishan
    krishan

EP45-DS4
    E8500
    4G Corsair CM2X1024-8500C5D 1066MHz 2.1V
    Samsung spinpoint F1 750GB
    XFX 898MB 260GTX
    Corsair HX620

Re: Best RAM for EP45-DS4

No, those will boot at 1.8V, then you can change them to 2.1. If you do buy them, put only on stick in slot one and go in the BIOS and change the voltage to 2.1 and save and shut down and put in the rest of the ram.

Any ram will run this way, most any voltage ram will start at 1.8V so you will be fine

I do suggest Mushkin though if you can get them where you live

Comment

Comment

Yeap, that ram should work fine for you. Settings would all depend on what CPU speed you are running and all that. So once you get build let me know and I can help you along

Comment

I really do not expect so quick reply! Thanks a lot!

Copy that! I’ll post back ASAP (to seek your help)!

Really appreciate your work and keep it up, helping noobs like me!

Cheers

Comment

No problems, I try to answer everyone when I am around. Good luck on the build and post back once you get started

Comment

Working...
            X