Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4 PCI-E Retaining Clips

Hi,

I recently purchased this board from NewEgg. The board is working fine - no complaints so far.

My question is about the retaining clips on the two PCI-E x16 slots. The retaining clips on the board I received are different than the clips shown on pictures of the motherboard (the pics at NewEgg, at the Gigabyte website, and in the motherboard users manual).

As I stated, the board works fine, but I am curious if anybody else who has this board has different retaining clips than those shown in the pictures. The clips on the board I received look like the clips depicted for the GA-X48-DQ6 motherboard.

Thanks

Re: Gigabyte GA-X48-DS4 PCI-E Retaining Clips

The answer is yes the picture is not the rev 1.3 board that you have its the original.This board also HAD PCI-E 8x8 in crossfire now has 16x16.There are also some other small changes.
    sigpic
    CoolerMaster 932haf
    ASUS P6T DELUVE V2
    Inte I7 920-4.0/4.2
    CoolIt DOMINO A.L.C
    CoolIt DualBay Gpu Cooler
    ASUS 4870-815/1050(crossfire)
    OCZ Platinum6GB DDR3-1600
    WesternDigtal VelociRaptor 300gb
    Corsair THX 750watt
    Vista Premium64sp2
    3DMARK06:28,515
    3DMARK VANTAGE 20,006

Comment

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I'm still a bit confused then. The pic at NewEgg allows zooming in and if you zoom in on the lower right of the board, you clearly see "Rev 1.3".

Comment

As long as it works you should be good.

They likely just did not update any of the pictures with the clips you have now. Even if 1.3 is newest, they may have switched clips recently after that 1.3 image was taken and just not changed any images.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense. I was just a bit curious if Gigabyte was now delivering all of the X48-DS4 boards with the new clips, or if there was just a batch with the new clips (due to a shortage of the original ones), and have since gone back to the original clips.

No big deal, mine works just fine.

Comment

Ya, they could be all now using newer designed clips? Or that day/week they could have just been testing new ones you got or ran out of the olders ones and had to use new ones?

Not really sure which it is or why, but if it works then that is great. Just cause I wonder, do you mind showing me pics of what type you have vs the other images? You can link to the other images if you like, and post one of your clip

Comment

Here is a link to a pic at NewEgg of the X48-DS4 board.
              Newegg.com - GA-X48-DS4 Motherboard

Here is a link to a pic at NewEgg of the X48-DS5 board. The clips shown on the picture of this board identically match the clips that are on MY X48-DS4 board.
              Newegg.com - GA-X48-DS5 Motherboard

And no, I'm quite sure they did not send me the DS5 motherboard. My motheboard has the heatsinks as depicted on the DS4 motherboard, as well as only six SATA connectors (vs eight SATA connectors on the DS5).

Comment

I have the clips shown in the 1.3rev DS4 board. Bought mine around April/May 08 from Newegg.

Wonder if there's any other difference between the DS5 & DS4 besides the extra SATA connector ? Seems a lot to pay , over $50usd , for one extra SATA connector.

edit:

I was just looking over Newegg m/b's & noticed they dropped the price of the DS5 a good $30usd to $230usd.

They must have heard me wondering. :)
                Last edited by radiored; 10-03-2008, 01:55 PM. Reason: Addendum

Comment

They likely ran out or just switched over to the newer ones on the DS5 you linked, they are similar to the ones on my P45-DS4P >>>
                  Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, Digital Cameras and more!

Probably better then that older design, looks like it could be hard to get at in some config's

Comment

Working...
                  X