Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P35-ds3p

I'll try and keep this short and sweet.
    I have the above M/B, with a SATA optiarc DVD RW AD-7201S.
    I wanted to check here first before i pull the drive out and hit it with a hammer.
    Whenever i burn a CD, it either doesn't finish the burn and throws out an error (I'm using Nero 8) or it finishes the burn, but when i play the CD, it jumps and skips and sometimes sounds like the CD is scratched. (its not scratched at all, just sounds like it is). Somtimes it finishes the burn without fault (rarely).
    Are there any hardware settings i need to check, or any additional drivers i need to install for the SATA drive? Do i need to do anything in the BIOS?
    i've searched the net with a head ache trying to figure this out. DMA is on.
    It seems to struggle when it burns aswell, it will get to say 17% then stop for about 10 seconds, then go up to 23% then stop for 10 seconds, all the way to 100% if the error dont come up.
    Any help what so ever would be awesome, even if you post just to say the optiarc is sh*t.
    Thanks is advance
    Steve

Re: P35-ds3p

I have a similar one but it is PATA, connected on IDE port. Works great, 20% faster than my other one (LG) which is SATA.
    Just for the records and before the hammering how did you setup the controller in BIOS (RAID, AHCI or IDE)?
    And which controller are you using for that drive (Gigabyte purple or Intel yellow)?
    Last edited by svcglobal; 09-30-2008, 11:59 AM. Reason: added question
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

Hello
      The BIOS is set to IDE i think (pretty sure)
      And i'm not sure what you mean by purple or yellow. Where do i go to find that out?

Comment

Think i just realised what you meant...Its the Intel yellow (in the yellow SATA port)

Comment

Are you sure that IDE is selected there in the Bios? You should have the first line in the Integrated Peripherals "SATA RAID/AHCI Mode" in AHCI and the second item "Native Mode" enabled if under Vista/XP.
          If not using the Gigabyte controller keep it disabled (in the same screen).

Anyway, try also to move the DVD drive to the Gigabyte controller (just switch the SATA plug to one purple socket and enable it in BIOS).
          GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
          i5-4690K + Corsair H90
          Sapphire Radeon R7 240
          16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
          Corsair CX750M
          Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

OK, i have it running on the gigabyte controller now. I burnt an audio CD and it completed, but it still seem to have a bit of trouble whilst burning. It would rest on a % for about 10 seconds, then the "time remaining" kept going down, then when it started burning again, the "time remaining" would shoot up again. I've burnt about 10 coasters and had 3 successful burns. So i've burnt around 13 CD's in total on this new drive. I've also updated the firmware to 1.06 a while ago, which did nothing to help.
            I have BIOS version F6... but i dont think updating that to F11 would solve anything... Got any other things to try up your sleeve?
            Steve

Comment

What are you using to burn with program wise? And what speeds are you burning at, and what exactly are you test Burning?

Comment

Working...
              X