strange thing happening on my p35ds3l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• strange thing happening on my p35ds3l

i have a question. my mobo is the ga P35ds3l. running winxp sp3. i've had this board for about 8 months now and i'm very happy with it. overclocks well etc.
    i'm running 3 sata hard drives with this board. called 0 1 and 2 in the bios. my C drive (boot drive) is on drive #2 and i have the config to boot from this hd first. so up to here no problem.

3 times over the past year, on boot up, I get that message that the file NTLDR is missing, can't be found and therefore cannot boot the comp. the first time i got this message i searched the internet on my other comp looking for solutions wondering what in blazes could be wrong. not sure why but i finally went into the bios and found that the boot order had been switched and had reverted to 0,1 ,2. naturally there is no root drive or windows installed on 0 drive so ergo no boot. a simple reconfig solves the problem.

my question is why has this ocurred? it happened yesterday for the third time. btw it's the only config that is changed in the bios when this happens.

Re: strange thing happening on my p35ds3l

Not a solution but every time this issue occur, did you remember if the previous shutdown was correctly done? No hang-ups forcing you to disconnect the PSU power manually?
    Looks like a disk corruption.
    GA-Z97-D3H Windows Pro 8.1
    i5-4690K + Corsair H90
    Sapphire Radeon R7 240
    16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 Corsair Vengeance Pro 2400MHz PC3 19200
    Corsair CX750M
    Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500 GB

Sharkoon VS-3V tower

Comment

it sounds like your CMOS has been inadvertently cleared, either you had to disconnect the PSU or you had to do a Hard Off (hold the power button for 5 seconds)... sorry to sound like the Windows boot screen and all, but "Please make sure you always shut down your computer through the buttons on the Start Bar" or at least leave the PSU connected

Comment

I agree ^^^

What BIOS are you using, and what RAM and CPU. You may want to update the BIOS if you are using a older one.

And since you said overclock, do you set PCI Express to 100 or so? Do you have external USB Devices connected? If so what are they, if not do you have Legacy SUB Storage Detect Disabled in the BIOS

And is your overclock memtest86+ and Prime/Orthos stable for sure?

Comment

Working...
        X