How to update Intel Matrix Storage Manager SATA Divers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to update Intel Matrix Storage Manager SATA Divers

I'm having random 5-10 second system freezes on my GA-EP45-DS3R board running Vista 32 SP1. Googling the problen, It may be due to the Raid Drivers. I've downloaded the newest SATA drivers from the Gigabyte website, but am a little confused about how to install them. And what are the chances this could corrupt my Raid configuration and I'd loose all my data.

Tom Rope
    GA-EP45-DS3R
    Intel QX9550
    4GB Corsair DDR2

Re: How to update Intel Matrix Storage Manager SATA Divers

Well all you do is open device manager, go to storage controllers and choose the Intel one and update the driver.

It is likely not the issue though, and yes you could loose all your DATA. So backup first if you want to do it.

Freeze's are typically Ram issues. Either incorrect settings, voltages, or dying ram. Have you ever ran memtest86+ (Must be newest version 2.01) on that ram? If not you should do it one stick at a time to be sure you did not get any Dead/dying sticks. Then again run it will all installed. Program is here in the second post >>>

Please test each stick at stock speed, timings, and Set Spec voltages. One at a time in slot one

Have you set your rams voltage and trfc, and added MCH voltage? If not that is likely your issue if each stick of your ram tests out good. 2x2GB needs some adjustments and Auto will just not cut it. Same applies if your 4GB is 4x1
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 09-30-2008, 07:39 AM. Reason: Link edited

Comment

Sure about the link, Lsd?

Comment

Thanks! Fixed

Don't know what happened, but probably the thread where that should have went got the memory guide link

Comment

Working...
        X