GA-MA790X-DS4 and dual sata hd conflict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-MA790X-DS4 and dual sata hd conflict

I just got my GA-MA790X-DS4 working, and have dual SATA hd's on two of the SATA ports and have a pair of cd/dvd burners on the other 2 SATA ports.

Problem is after getting windows loaded, one of the 2 hd's seems to keep getting disabled, saying there is another device in use with the same driver.

How do i correct this?

I would like to keep both hard drives single and not have to raid them unless this is the only option

Re: GA-MA790X-DS4 and dual sata hd conflict

Do you have AHCI enabled? If so that is why, and you will need to disable it

Comment

It is set at 'native-ide' in the bios

Comment

Ahh, Hmm. Do you have your 2 disk drives in the first two ports? I'll grab your manual tonight when I get home and check it out

Comment

im beginning to wonder if maybe my hard drives are going bad. ive had nothing but issue with the 2 drives today, both of them giving me ntldr is missing upon bootup. even when i attempt to replace the ntldr, i get told that it does exist, but thats besides the point

Comment

Your ram test out ok In Memtest86+? Sometimes bad ram or ram settings can cause Booting issues, missing or seemingly missing or corrupt files. >>>
            Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Also, do you have the latest Chipset drivers installed?

Here, you can check your drive's health with this, not sure how accurate it is though >>>

Comment

Yeah.. they are all fine.. It turns out both drives are going bad.

I swapped them out with another pair of drives of a larger size, both the same and did not get any sort of conflict with a driver or anything.

Comment

Ahh!

So bad drives, both of them? Where they both old? Same age? Just wonder how both were bad at the same time, but it happens.

I would be looking into testing your power supply incase it is killing your drives.

Glad you are running better though, and glad it did not take you days of testing to find the issue. Always great when a simple test or two finds the problems!

Comment

No..no problems with the power supply.. this a whole new system from the ground up minus the hard drives.. both were maxtor 60 gb drives..

Comment

Ahh so they drives were old anyway! Ahh good to know it is not your PSU that could be killing them.

Ahh you needed some new drives anyway! Now you have a excuse to have gotten them

Comment

Working...
                    X