Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45-DS5 Front Panel Sound Connectors

Hi all,

The front panel audio connectors on this board default to HD Audio output. However my case front panel connectors only supports AC97

The manual states that you can change the default in the s/ware to AC97, but the s/ware referenced in the manual, Relatek is not what comes with the board ( I think it is an older version)

Anyone know what s/ware I can use here to change the default output of the Front Panel Audio connectors from HD Output to AC97

Re: GA-EP45-DS5 Front Panel Sound Connectors

It does come with RealTek, and Dolby. Here is the Realtek Driver for your board (FIRST LINK)>>>
    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - Driver - GA-EP45-DS5 (rev. 1.0)

I normally get it direct from Realtek, that way the Microsoft UUA driver is not bundled >>
    Realtek

If you have Dolby installed you may need to start over with all this sound business. Go In safe mode and in device manager uninstall ALL sound drivers you can find, and delete drivers if asked. Then reboot back into safe mode and in install the Realtek drivers, then you may boot normally into windows. Safe mode is suggested because in normal mode windows will reinstall the driver automatically without asking you and you wont get anything accomplished this way.

page 101 of your manual shows you how to enable AC97 once you have the driver installed. You also need to be sure the pin-outs for your board and case match up, you will need to look at both diagrams and be sure. If they do not you can damage your board. If they dont you will have to re-wire them, or pick a new case, or just use the rear outputs

Comment

The realtek drivers do not give you the option to change the default from HD Audio to AC97 Audio, the s/ware referenced in the manual is not what comes with the board.

Looking here

Desktop Boards - Troubleshooting audio issues

<i>Compatibility:

HD front panel audio solutions should be plugged into HD onboard headers.
      AC’97 front panel audio solutions should be plugged into AC’97 onboard headers.
      Some AC’97 front panel audio solutions (but not all) may work with HD onboard headers.
      If you want connect an AC’97 front panel audio system to HD onboard headers, try these steps:

Connect Mic_IN (MIC) to MIC2_L.
      Connect Audio_R (RIN) to OUT2_R
      Connect Audio_L (LIN) to OUT2_L.
      MIC_RET and OUT_RET are for HD audio only; you don't need to connect them for AC'97 audio.</i>

Comment

Ahh yeah, I see you are correct about the software! Sorry, I had not opened it in a long time, so I just grabbed your manual to check things out.

Sounds like then you will have to re-wire the cable coming from your case to your board.

If you will tell me what case it is I can get you the 2 diagrams you will need, and then all you have to do is connect these as stated by intel >>>
        Connect Mic_IN (MIC) to MIC2_L.
        Connect Audio_R (RIN) to OUT2_R
        Connect Audio_L (LIN) to OUT2_L.

Otherwise you will just have to use the rear connections or get a new case or at least new front panel connection plugs. But Like I said, I have helped people to re-wire these and done some myself, it is easy. If you get me your case full model name I will post you both diagrams with directions on which wires to remove, or move around

Comment

My case is an Antec Lanboy you can get the manual here

Antec.com - Lanboy

I have had a go at it and wired it up as follows

Mic BIas to Pin Mic_In - Pin 1
          FROUR-R to OUT2_R - Pin 5
          FPOUT-L to OUT2_L - Pin 9

I beleive that this is correct, but it did not work. The Intel site does say that it may not work

Comment

I would connect all of these in this fashion myself, Have done it a few times. You did it right, but I think without the ground it wont work for you. The 2 Mic ones can be left out if you like unless you plan to use them

MIC-BIAS ......To ...... Mic Pin 1
            Mic ..............To....... Mic Power Pin 3
            AUD GND .......To ....... Ground Pin 2
            FPOUT-R .......To ....... Line Out Pin 5
            FPOUT-L ......To ....... Line Out Pin 9

And yes, it may just not work at all with your case, it happens sometimes with AC'97 only cases

Comment

Working...
            X