GA-P35-S3G overclock help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GA-P35-S3G overclock help please

What are these Numbers you are talking about?

They are likely batch or serial numbers. But yes test both sticks always on day one to be sure both work fine. As said above to use both at once you will HAVE to make those changes above

Comment

hi

ok so i tried those settings. booted up fine the first time, went for a restart to be sure it was working and the bios reset again. I think i am just going to turn the cpu into a fridge magnet and get the 8400 (i will be happy enough with 3ghz)
      thanks for trying

:)

Comment

I can better help you if you give me the exact settings you set that worked partially, you may just need a slight adjustment

8400 is a good buy though for sure, I use a Xeon E3110 same thing only binned better.

Comment

hi

so i installed the e8400 and the board did the same thing.....
          I then set bios to fail safe settings n flashed to f3 and if bob aint my uncle..... works fine now, if i didnt have to take the mobo out i would stick e5200 back in just to see.
          many thanks for your efforts

Comment

Now, please load optimized defaults since you flashed it is part of the flash procedure. Then you will need to set all settings again in the BIOS.

Ya, if you was bored you could test the 5200!

Comment

hi i tired with e5200 and no joy. Just updated to bios f5b and my e8400 is sitting at 4 gig on air quiet happily. I gave the 5200 away so i cant test it again :( but its seems that the latest bios works
              thanks again for the help

Comment

Hey mudflaps, would you post the exact setting you used in BIOS to OC. I've been trying to OC my E8400 on a P35-S3G, and even with F5b BIOS it will not do it - just turns off twice and goes back to defaults :( I have to use EasyTune to OC. Is your E8400 C0 or E0?
                Intel E8400 E0 3GHz @ 4.0GHz (444x9) stable (provisionally), max 4.4GHz (489x9), Zalman CNPS 9700 (core temp 46c @ max load @ 4.0GHz),
                Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G F5b BIOS + 40mm fan on MCH, Geil Black Dragon DDR2-PC8500C5 (2x1GB) @ 1066MHz (444x2.4)
                Sapphire ATI HD 4850 Dual Slot Cooler (64c @ max load), Dell 3007WFP 30" (2560x1600)
                Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200rpm 32MB cache, Samsung 500GB SATA2 7200rpm 16MB cache, LG GH22LP20 22x DVD+/-RW
                Corsair TX 650W, Antec Three Hundred + 2x120mm front fans, WinXP SP3 Home

Comment

Nice to see you got it going mudflaps

Pum, PM him if he does not reply, that way a email is sent to his registered email

Comment

hi

I know this is going to sound silly. I just put fsb up to 421 x 9.5 cpu voltage 1.3 turbo and things are off. It will occasionally reset bios when restarting system but apart from that everything is running grand. (altho cpu z doesnt show it running at 4ghz, i dont think it sees the x.5 multiplyer)
                    And if i am honest, I cant see the difference between 3.6 and 4ghz
                    I know this doent help, but keep trying. I couldnt get this board to oc the e5200 or e8400 by 1
                    now im like a pig in sh*t

:)

Comment

E8400 CPU cannot use 9.5 multi that is why. 9 is the max CPU multi, so if you want 4GHz on a E8400 you need to use 9x450

Comment

Working...
                      X