X45-DQ6 GSATA/IDE question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X45-DQ6 GSATA/IDE question...

Thanks again for the last quick answer. While re-reading the manual, I came across one other thing I'd like to confirm. Can I use the GSATA headers to run a RAID pair, AND use the IDE headers to run my pair of DVD burners? Manual seems to say so, but just want to confirm...

Thanks,
    Bill

Re: X45-DQ6 GSATA/IDE question...

Sure can, I use The Gigbayte/J.Micron Ports for my OS RAID 0, but this is on P35

It is different on P45 though. I do not think you can do your OS raid on there, and You may not even be able to do a "Controlled" RAID in P45 model. Please see here for more info on these ports >>>

You work for Mythbusters?
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 09-23-2008, 02:07 PM.

Comment

AHA! Found the answer, embarrassingly enough, in the manual, of all places... On page 86, under "C. Configuring a RAID array in RAID BIOS, they show a BIOS screen capture. Under the two HDD's they are configuring, it shows:

ODD0 : DVDROM GO-D1600B

Ergo, obviously, the thing WILL do both!

Comment

AHA! Found the answer, embarrassingly enough, in the manual, of all places... On page 86, under "C. Configuring a RAID array in RAID BIOS, they show a BIOS screen capture. Under the two HDD's they are configuring, it shows:
        ODD0 : DVDROM GO-D1600B
        Ergo, obviously, the thing WILL do both!

Comment

So you all setup then?

Comment

Setup? Not nearly - LOL - I'm just in the DESIGN phase!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
            <o:p></o:p>

I've got a 'wish list' on a vendor's website that contains all the components for my next engineering workstation, as well as a series of Ubuntu MythTV PVR's. I'm trying to resolve the important "sorry, that's impossible" problems BEFORE I commit to buying the hardware. As I said previously, this quality of support will make me a Gigabyte fan forever... I'm doing this using a paradigm I learned back in the eighties for buying memory, back when we used chips instead of sticks, and the prices fluctuated like gold - buy when it's cheap, and stockpile for the future. Once my design is 'gelled' (nearly there), I'll watch prices, and try to buy the major components (including spares) when they're on sale.<o:p></o:p>

Bill<o:p></o:p>

Comment

WOW< now that is a reply!

Ya, I am pretty not to young myself, so I do know what you mean for sure. I can remember witting programs in BASIC and Real DOS, and using 5 1/4 disks. Had to use 12 of them to install one F16 Flight simulator game I used to play all the time in the 80's

Well good luck in your planning, it is always good to do so for sure! How long till you start you think?

Good luck in all your planning, and always feel free to come by and ask anything you need to! We will for sure help if we can

Comment

Actually, I have a few more questions:<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Pin Def<o:p></o:p>
                1 NDCD-<o:p></o:p>
                2 NSIN<o:p></o:p>
                3 NSOUT<o:p></o:p>
                4 NTDR-<o:p></o:p>
                5 GND<o:p></o:p>
                6 NDSR-<o:p></o:p>
                7 NRTS-<o:p></o:p>
                8 NCTS-<o:p></o:p>
                9 NRI-<o:p></o:p>
                10 No Pin<o:p></o:p>
                this one only supports their products on XpSp3, and thatand
                2- Does Gigabyte still make a microATX board with on-board HDMI support, AND two PCIeX1 slots? Had one picked out at my vendor, but they seem to have quit carrying it. Want to build several PVR systems, and have in mind to put a pair

Thanks again,
                Bill

Comment

I have also read (not confirmed) that the Asus ones work. I did find them in a few Australia places.

I also found these for you on ebay >>>

Item # 360089393617
                  Computer Panel Bracket Cable Assembly DB25 & DB9 Serial - eBay (item 360089393617 end time Oct-16-08 07:07:33 PDT)

Item # 130220796977
                  DB9M Serial Add-A-Port Adapter with Bracket-DB9/IDC10 - eBay (item 130220796977 end time Oct-04-08 08:44:42 PDT)

Buy, you may want to message them and ask for sure.

You may also be able to use a adapter like this? >>>
                  Item # 320305736345
                  USB 2.0 Cable to DB9 pin RS232 COM Port Serial Adapter - eBay (item 320305736345 end time Oct-05-08 18:02:32 PDT)

Or
                  Item # 290263611964
                  USB 2.0 to 9 Pin RS232 com port adapter converter cable - eBay (item 290263611964 end time Sep-29-08 11:15:41 PDT)

This user asked for S/PDIF cable and I found him a Au Ebay Seller that ships worldwide, just incase you need one of those >>>

Have you contacted Gigabyte Directly to see if they sell them or can point you to someone who does?

Sorry I can't be of more direct help there other then supplying links you likely have already seen.

Maybe you could just re-wire the header you have to match up properly? I have done this several times with Case Audio's that did not match up

As for your second question, I could not find any at Newegg that have specifically 2 PCIe X1 slots, but these have one, plus another PCIe X4 or X16, which will run a Second PCIe X1 card. But depending on your other needs it may be of no help either >>>
                  Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-73PVM-S2H LGA 775 NVIDIA GeForce 7100 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
                  Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EG43M-S2H LGA 775 Intel G43 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
                  Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-EG45M-DS2H LGA 775 Intel G45 HDMI Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

So again there, I am likely no help either!!! Sorry man!

Yes, you can mention other vendors, no problem

And sure, link anyone who needs some help to here anytime you wish. I am no expert by far, nor do I work for Gigabyte. Just a Loyal User with no problems trying to help others.

Everyone needs help sometime, and there will always be "Those" users you mention. So either way, if you send them or they find there way here I try to help

Comment

Working...
                  X