Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gigabyte GA-EP45 - DS3R Issues

Soo..

Before i went to bed last night i did the update, and changed all my settings to be correct.

Well, my brother (who doesn't work :P) went and started to swap out ram sticks to check them all... Turns out one of the sticks was DOA, and that the Bios update fixed the problem with the rest of them :D (i'm very happy in case you can't tell :P)

So thank you very much for the help... I'm now more in love with Gigabyte mobo's then ever before because you can get such awesome tech support for them :)

Thanks again to all :) (Especially VorlonUK, mxcrowe and VenuS)

Comment

Ah....that explains it. Damn that DOA h/w! Makes the whole process that much more of a challenge. Anyway, glad to hear you zeroed in on the problem and hopefully you will now be stable with that replacement DIMM.
      Gigabyte GA-EP45-DS3L (BIOS F9); E7200 Core2Duo 2.53Ghz 1066Mhz FSB 3MB L2 (OC to 3.4Ghz); SuperTalent 2x2G DDR2-800 PC6400 CL 5-5-5-12 (T800UX4GC5); Seagate 500GB SATA2 7200 32mb cache HD; EVGA 8800GT 512MB Superclocked Edition
      Ultra X-connect X2 550-watt PSU; Vista x64 SP1 and OpenSUSE 11.0 (KDE 4.1)

Comment

So you found the issue here then eh? Always test with memtest86+ when you get new ram or hit road bumps with ram that previously was fine. It can die anytime

Comment

Working...
        X