New EP35-DS3L can't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New EP35-DS3L can't

I just bought a new GA-EP35-DS3L and an E5200. The first time I power it on, I could get into BIOS. But it froze while I was trying to change boot device order. I reset it and it froze at the BIOS flash screen. I tried to clear CMOS, no help. It can POST but always stopped at the Flash screen no matter what key I pressed.

Any suggestion? Thank you very much!

Re: New EP35-DS3L can't

Hmm, What screen exactly do you mean the "Flash Screen"?

Do you have a older 775 CPU? E5200 is only officiall supported with the newest F6a BIOS, which it is unlikely your board has >>>
    GIGABYTE - Support - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-EP35-DS3L

Do you think you can keep it on long enough to flash? If so I would try to flash the board >>>

But if you have a Older 775 CPU please save yourself some time and headaches and install it and then flash

I do see here this member with the same board and CPU says F4 worked for him, but it may not always be so >>

Other then that, as some work anyway with unsupported BIOS's sometimes have you tried the motherboard out of the case on a wooden table or cardboard box with only One stick of ram in slot one, GFX card, CPU and Heatsink. No cd or hard drives. Please try that, if you dont want to try all that just yet, try that just inside the case still but unhook everything but the above mentioned.

Have you tried reseating the CPU, checked ALL Power connection a few times to be SURE they are all connected tightly?

What ram is this, and have you or can you test each stick one by one with Memtest86+ >>>
    Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Could be a set of DOA ram, it happens

Do you have a case speaker connected? Can you get one out of a older PC if not to use for a while? This would help ALOT

Comment

Thank you very much for all the suggestions.

Flash screen is the gigabyte LOGO screen. I saw other people have similar problem with GIGABYTE mobos, so I'm not alone.

I don't have another Inter CPU and don't even have another piece of DDR2 RAM. :(
      I reset the CMOS several times and got into BIOS again, but it only last for 20-30 second. I notice that the CPU settings are correct for E5200... The CPU heat sink
      was not hot, but the heat sink for P35 was very hot. Don't know if that's normal. It might be the RAM, I will try to borrow one to do a test.

Thanks again.

Comment

It's the RAM. DOA :(

Comment

So, you getting new ram then? I thought it may be the ram, glad you found it out instead of continuing to try to solve things with no luck

Comment

Working...
          X